Quickjack?

Artfuldodger

I saw an advertisement for this jack system for your car, truck, or suv. They have different models with different weight limits. Kind of expensive.

It is suppose to take the place ramps and jacks. I don't know about jack stands though. I'd still have to put some jack stands under the car.
It looks like it restricts crawling under the car from the sides. That would be a problem for certain jobs such as a muffler or driveshaft support bearing.

I just thought I'd put it out there for a peek at;

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-5000slx-portable-car-lift.html

Eudora

Neighbor has one to quickly change his jeep wheels for "weekend" driving. About every tire store in South Florida use these in covered areas. Best for doing tire and brake work. It does have limited space to access the undercar repairs, but it can be done. My neighbor found his on craigslist for around $500 with some negotiation, but had to re-weld a safety latch that looked a little sketchy. I guess it depends on how much and where you will you use it vs. hydraulic jack and jackstands?

1gr8bldr

I would not get under that

GoldDot40

I'll stick to my relativey inexpensive rapid pump 3.5 ton floor jack and jack stands from Harbor Freight. The problem with that little lift is that unless you're familiar with lift points on a vehicle, you can mess up something that's not easy to repair.

transfixer

From an automotive techs point of view I wouldn't trust it, there are already low profile portable lifts out there that are made much more substantial than that thing, and those type lifts are almost exclusively used for tire work, never heard of anyone doing undercar repairs with one of those.

Artfuldodger

I'll stick to my relativey inexpensive rapid pump 3.5 ton floor jack and jack stands from Harbor Freight. The problem with that little lift is that unless you're familiar with lift points on a vehicle, you can mess up something that's not easy to repair.

That's what I was thinking. Cars now have very specific lift points.

Artfuldodger

Neighbor has one to quickly change his jeep wheels for "weekend" driving. About every tire store in South Florida use these in covered areas. Best for doing tire and brake work. It does have limited space to access the undercar repairs, but it can be done. My neighbor found his on craigslist for around $500 with some negotiation, but had to re-weld a safety latch that looked a little sketchy. I guess it depends on how much and where you will you use it vs. hydraulic jack and jackstands?

That's what I was thinking and as transfixer said as well, might be good for wheel area work.

When I was younger I might would crawl under a car with those. Now I'm so paranoid I go overboard with jack stands. I won't even crawl under one with just ramps.

T-N-T

I bet that thing wobbles a fair amount

transfixer

I happened across a youtube video for that jack, evidently its made by Ranger, a division of Bend Pak, while Bend Pak used to make some quality above ground hoists, I've not had good experience with a Ranger hot parts washer I bought a couple years ago, I had a timer and a switch fail while under the years warranty, and have had a couple other items fail within the second year. Everything about this washer is made is China, which wasn't revealed before I purchased it from Snap On, and while customer service is fine during warranty, trying to buy replacement parts after the warranty is expired, is ridiculous, three times the cost of what I can find them online for.
Bend Pak isn't the company it used to be, and they own Ranger.

Rich Kaminski

They make them for motorcycles too. I have one and the handle to move it around is cheap. I am replacing it with a thicker metal handle because it has already bent. Works good for motorcycles.

Artfuldodger

They make them for motorcycles too. I have one and the handle to move it around is cheap. I am replacing it with a thicker metal handle because it has already bent. Works good for motorcycles.

I'd think one for a motorcycle would be OK. Kinda like those lifts for working on a lawnmower. Then you wouldn't have to bend over or squat to work on it.

WayneB

if you knew how loading dock levelers are made, you wouldn't use one again.. Looks like the same hydraulic power pack.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
After looking at this contraption, I think that it is evident that this thing was designed and manufactured by the OWNER OF A FUNERAL HOME who is seeking some more business !!!!!!! This is nothing but an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe