nerve stimulator

Cabin creek man

Has anyone in here ever had a nerve stimulator implant or even a stimulator trial. I have a trial coming up end of october and was hopeing for any first hand info.

RossVegas

I was going to a pain management dr several years ago, that was talking about doing the trial(If I remember right), Went in one month, He was going to be cutting back on his hours. Went in the next month, thinking we'd be scheduling the trial or whatever. He'd decided to retire. Been through a couple different pain management dr's since then, but hasn't been discussed again. Currently doing Synvisc knee injections, guess we'll see where we go from here. If you don't mind, as you see how it's working, PM me and let me know how it's going.

jklaus

Not going to say don't get it. But I had one from boston scientific and it was horrible cant describe how bad it was. pain worse than breaking my back and having major surgery. pm me for more details

Cabin creek man

Ok guys went through the trial a few weeks ago. It was a relitively simple thing couple of epi needles in your back hooked to a pack and a remote control in your hand. The lady from boston scientific set me up for a mainly right leg feed and omg it was so great. My blood presure dropped 40 points from all the pain relief. Best way to describe it is its like a huge 10's unit. For those who have never used a 10's its kinda like a low output electricfence. Your feeling the buzzing instead of the burnning stabbing pain. I savored the relief right up untill they took out the needles. Well Friday is the big day i am going in for the permanant implant and if all goes well i intend to celebrate in a month or two by doing some fly fishing. I know i will never be well again but if i can get 20 minutes of useable time at a stretch thats 19 more minutes than im getting now.