Iowa draw results

Ihunt

They are in.

I did not draw with three points. Guess Iowa is getting to be a popular place. Congrats to any who did draw.

Jim Boyd

Sorry you did not draw, iHunt.

I am just sitting on four....and waiting.

Maybe you ended up with a point this year and now have 4, and can be pretty much assured of 2018.

Good luck!

Ihunt

Sorry you did not draw, iHunt.

I am just sitting on four....and waiting.

Maybe you ended up with a point this year and now have 4, and can be pretty much assured of 2018.

Good luck!

Yep. I'm 100% in for next year and truthfully it doesn't bother me that much. I'm going to Kansas and if I had drawn Iowa I would have been away from the family more than I care for. Now, it's Kansas in 17, Iowa in 18, Kansas in 19, And Nebraska is 20.

Jim Boyd

Sweet schedule!!!!

Mine is like Illinois, Iowa, Illinois, Illinois and so on!!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
What zones did ya'll get turned down with 3 points? We have 3 and wanted to try next year.

Ihunt

Next year may be the last time I go to Iowa unless I move there. When you add up the price of the preference points and the tag it's getting a little ridiculous.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Next year may be the last time I go to Iowa unless I move there. When you add up the price of the preference points and the tag it's getting a little ridiculous.

Yeah it has gotten crazy for sure. They are going to start running people off if they aren't careful.

livetohunt

Yeah it has gotten crazy for sure. They are going to start running people off if they aren't careful.

I think that is part of the goal. The demand is so high for Iowa and always will be. Supply and demand..Even a landowner that does not live in Iowa has to go through the preference points and draw system. I would love to hunt Iowa or buy a farm there, but do not because I want to hunt somewhere every year. Not every 3-4 years.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I think that is part of the goal. The demand is so high for Iowa and always will be. Supply and demand..Even a landowner that does not live in Iowa has to go through the preference points and draw system. I would love to hunt Iowa or buy a farm there, but do not because I want to hunt somewhere every year. Not every 3-4 years.

Yep I love hunting up there, but you can go 50 miles south and hunt pretty much the same deer every year with a over the counter tag. I realize the overall quality is not quite as good, but there are still some giants running around in Missouri.