Carry permit for out-of-stater

greg_n_clayton

I got a buddy over in S.C. that keeps a updated carry permit from a Northern state so he can carry in Ga.. Can a out of stater come to Ga. and get a carry permit being from S.C. ??

aligator

Some states issue non-resident permits that are honored by Ga. My information shows that Ga, does not issue non-resident permits.

greg_n_clayton

This is what I am thinking. He gets a permit somewhere up north, Mass., NH, or somewhere like that, and it is honored here in Ga., allowing him to carry on this side of the river. Cause Ga. and SC don't honor each other.

I don't think S.C. likes us too much.

Thanks for the reply !!

harryrichdawg

From what I understand, SC doesn't honor the GFL because there is no training course required to get it. GA doesn't honor the SC carry permit out of spite.

polaris30144

Be aware that a lot of states that honor other states permits do not honor "non-resident" permits from the same sate. They only honor resident permits.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
Georgia honors any states license/permit that honors ours...S.C. is just bull-headed. But the folks from across the river have a work around; Ga residents have no way to carry in S.C. at the moment.

aligator

Georgia honors any states license/permit that honors ours...S.C. is just bull-headed. But the folks from across the river have a work around; Ga residents have no way to carry in S.C. at the moment.

True, but if you own property in S.C. you can apply for a permit. If I lived in Ga. I would buy a lot in S.C. and get a permit(if it was important to me to have one).:flag:

packrat

carry

Carry recip

Attachments

• gflrmap.gif
    gflrmap.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 341