Machinist/Tool&Die Machinist Needed

DLE55

Machinist, Tool and die machinist needed.
Must be qualified. Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinder.
Read blueprints, build precision parts.
Verlyn Enterprises, Douglas Georgia
Good pay, Insurance, Retirement plan.
Information on our website. verlynenterprises.net
Not .com Must use .net for correct website
Thanks,
David Edwards

bruceg

Hope you find someone quick! I took machine shop/tool and die at a technical highschool a long time back. Don't know if folks can even go to tech school to learn that any more! But it was fun, and must be an interesting career.

mat280

Hope you find someone quick! I took machine shop/tool and die at a technical highschool a long time back. Don't know if folks can even go to tech school to learn that any more! But it was fun, and must be an interesting career.

It is an interesting career, I work for a company that makes the worlds largest turbines for Nuclear power plants. I had the opportunity to spend a year in Switzerland and Poland training for this job. These turbines weigh up to 250 tons and are roughly forty to fifty feet long. It is intimidating to cut on something worth 50 million dollars. I have to have my head in the game all the time. I've been machining 25years and it seems to be a dieing trade. I think all they teach now days is CNC. :type: Nothing wrong with CNC thats all I do now, but the young n's need to start with manual machines first :stir: I'm sure thats gonna get a response :huh:

I'll keep my ears open for ya bud if I run across someone looking for work I'll give them your info.

Last edited: