Prodigy Boats

Gaducker

I worked on a hdr the other day that had 5 hours on it and he had broke the belt and bent the shaft on it in a strech of river that I run all the time and I hit crap all the time to. I been thinkin about a new rig since the hdr came out but I think I will keep on thinkin. Ole trusty just keeps on keepin on and that push pole aint never failed me.

dom

I worked on a hdr the other day that had 5 hours on it and he had broke the belt and bent the shaft on it in a strech of river that I run all the time and I hit crap all the time to. I been thinkin about a new rig since the hdr came out but I think I will keep on thinkin. Ole trusty just keeps on keepin on and that push pole aint never failed me.

I dont mind the push pole reverse method but normally the deck hand is the reverse worker. lol

rnelson5

The real question is have y'all seen the Boss drive "Hoss" drive? It has a liquid cooled 75 hp 3 cylinder GM on it. It will be interesting to see how the lower unit holds up on it.

kevbo3333

Yea but water cooled kind of kills the idea behind a mud motor.

Well it's got a radiator so it's not sucking up water from the lower unit like an outboard. I bet it's heavy as heck but I am interested to see how it works out for them. Could you Imogene dual HOSS motors on a rig!!!!!

MudDucker

Staff member
Tell both my buddy's that have/had them that. One sold his after less than a year bc it was constantly broke.
The other still doesn't have working reverse.
You probably don't use yours hard enough to break anything would be my guess.

I suspect I was beating up boats and motors before you suckled at your momma's breast! :rofl:

Last edited:

MudDucker

Staff member
Nope, been in em, around em, stuck in nothing, and broke down in a mud buddy enough times to not spend my money on junk.
Actually sold my surface drive, made money on it and went back to a long tail bc they're better suited for where I hunt and I don't want a payment on a boat that gets treated like crap.
And yeah Briggs is gona Briggs but the only Briggs problems I've had is after I did head cams carb and exhaust on them.
But I'm also dumb enough to be modding out a 23 horse longtail as we speak...

So you slander a product without ever having used it. Sweet!

Civil exchange. I am bringing this back. Be respectful.

So you slander a product without ever having used it. Sweet!

I guess you didn't read the post, yeah I've used them. I fished out of and rode around in a gator trax with a mudbuddy all summer one year while my friend who owned it was away for military training. Wound up having to replace the clutch for him while I had it, pretty sure I burned it up getting stuck in a little grass and mud with it. Sweet!