Riverhawk Boat Small Repair

JohnnyD

On a particularly cold day on the water this past winter I was pushing off from shore and apparently leaned back a bit too hard in the seat and did some mild damage to my B-52. I'm not well versed in fiberglass repair. Any suggestions? I've included a few pictures of the cracks. They're on the front seat platform just behind the metal bases installed by the previous owner.

You can fix that yourself. Google fiberglass glass repair

Duckbuster82

Sand it get some resin and a small section of fiberglass sheet. Cover the sheet in resin and press it down smooth it out. Sand it and paint

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Boat U.S. used to carry a small repair kit that would work well for those cracks. You'll probably want a couple of pair of rubber gloves while you handle the resin. It's not hard work but a little messy.

paulito

Something that small i would use the kitty hair to repair. Its a quart like jar of fiberglass (just the strings basically) with resin mixed in. You add hardener, blend together and apply. Use a putty knife to get a smooth application to the repair site. sand when hardened. This method will be a lot easier and a LOT less messy for a novice to the fiberglass world. If you can spackle a hole in your drywall you can use this stuff. It hardens fast though so only mix small batches so you don't have to hurry to use all you mixed.