Water clarity on the surf

1gr8bldr

Every vacation I have had in recent years was a disappointment fishing. The surf was so dirty. You can see it clearer 400 yds off the surf. I would like to understand what causes this. This years vacation, the moon will be dark the entire week. I'm curious if that's better and how that works?

jaybirdius

I have the same issue. It always clears up the day we leave. This year I'm going to book for one week then cancel at the last minute and go the following week. I am also a magnet for beach restoration. I call a month before to make sure it's not going on, where we are staying. That's happened 3 times over the past 10 years. Good luck

mdgreco191

Every vacation I have had in recent years was a disappointment fishing. The surf was so dirty. You can see it clearer 400 yds off the surf. I would like to understand what causes this. This years vacation, the moon will be dark the entire week. I'm curious if that's better and how that works?

Weather plays a lot into the amount of kicked up sand, weeds, silt, etc... The moon cycle can effect the strength of the tide. If you have a strong high tide you will have a strong low tide to follow and that will cause a flushing effect that pulls all kinds of stuff into the water.

In the end we are at natures mercy...