Macks!!

Riplukelee

Launched from Lazaretto creek at 7:30 am yesterday and rode the slick seas out to SAV. Originally intended to go straight to KC but saw bait and birds on SAV so we stopped to troll. Instant bites! Figured out a little late that it was a waste of time to try to catch bait out there while trolling. Should've brought my cast net and caught some in front of the lighthouse before heading out. Anyway, when we got the depth and speed adjusted we started catching the Mackerel. Caught two on trolling clarkspoons and two on casting clarkspoons. Somehow I had it stuck in my head that the bite would be even better at KC so we ran over there ... we caught the last and biggest one as soon as we put the first line out (2oz trolling weight with 3" gold spoon). Broke two much bigger fish off immediately after (I don't think they were Spanish). By the time we got tied back on we realized the water was getting snotty and there was a giant dolphin pod playing tag with us so we headed for the hill. Wet and bumpy ride back in. But we caught a little bit of fish and learned a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_4743.jpg
    IMG_4743.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 538

shallowminded

Great adventures and your son looks excited too! :)

Those oily fish are actually much healthier for you than whiter fish. More anti-inflammation properties due to the oil content.