2017 OWL Lake Oconee Grand Slam, Fishing trip for disabled sportsman 6/17

j_seph

Could still use a couple of boats

russ1745

I pre-fished this past Saturday (never fished Oconee), and found plenty of bait around the Sugar Creek Marina and nearby bridge. Hybrids were mid-lake at 20ft over a 40ft bottom on humps/points/mouths/channel ledges. Crappie guide near me did pretty well, too. Let's hope we don't get too much rain this week and change the pattern.

Ladies at Sugar Creek Marina didn't have the OWL tournament on their calendar. Will the tournament launch at the SC Boat ramp (across from SC marina)?

j_seph

Will be at sugarcreek
Because it is invite only, it is not on public calendar but is on William (Owner) calendar.

lcarl54

Can anyone help me out with some threadfin shad? I am driving to the event from Lilburn and currently have plans to drive to Lanier to buy some small Gizzard Shad and medium to large shiners but I am hearing that the local threadfin are the bait of choice. I don't throw a cast net, so I am wondering if anyone would sell me a couple of dozen threadfin the morning of the event. I have never fished Oconee so I would like to be armed with everything that I can to help my fisherman put fish in the boat.
Help with obtaining threadfin would be great if anyone can catch a few extra for me. I can be contacted at logan@handymanlogan.com or 770-235-3684.
Thanks,
Logan

j_seph

I have a castnet, depending on time and all I would be glad to ride across bay with you and throw it at the bridge.

Worley

Net

I have a castnet, depending on time and all I would be glad to ride across bay with you and throw it at the bridge.

Hey I'll help as well..Joe might be busy ?If so I'll bring my net...

OconeeAl

What a great day on the water. Thank to Paul for being my first mate which I needed. Each fisherman when home with a limit of crappie.

Worley

Oconee

Thanks Mr Al for your generous help getting many of them / us on fish...And OWL crew, first class, Well done to all of you. Bill prolly thought he was in a theme park after riding in the SS minnow today, and Tangling with wakeboard wakes coming back from the dam ����

Coenen

What a great day on the water. Thank to Paul for being my first mate which I needed. Each fisherman when home with a limit of crappie.
It was a pleasure working with you, Al. You definitely put our participants all over those fish. I'm still trying to get over that "We haven't even gone to the good spot yet," thing. They were all good, but that one was special. :clap:

I didn't take many pictures, my phone was trying to die on me all day, but I got a couple...
3mHld0dzT5Zdcm_bG6SR96cS-TO_S0MSg7Ib9l7mnTFbyyFPivzaSpnUZrX0Ja3uKvdd4evgh-paqV_MtirE3PbGye3U7hLf0-Fzhgmy3Cr3kRmk3ZVpf-i7nBwPnjEbLNU4qMEWgijJiGT6fUrrvmtvlPywK_9PSfeX-_oIi2mJtDj5k8Jpf1MvNspnC7IZPTW194x-uuoVKAXOyhH0E0Atklms8oY2A4Plg1rJpbszPWjsZuMDU37SdxQQSdM4DLPjNx7Mci_f-usmmPJmVBOGRXHzYZrnkzYR1JaF7mYykRe6foIAVNfzunxIj0Qxw2wiA9NzJf0ol0bSnRdHdTn469vq5LXfYJRsK1GAleelKuLUG8gw2nJmy4RwXo8HQ8nufg9DAVpbmR8eii8ZeRbNDs-DVJpCFutj71Y6dnsyykY-AfHjKl_BcihtvD81_TMPMofj1_5AjyV4x9E4v3ydj5Ck-BQ7EVONfom-8xf-hECo99gXpUdH6Elr99PF74wtX69v0hVB4-S71NmcRIZwjNgW2YCiIxeRQevlA93eg_gXEa4-Nht2pepNRLE6wXSrLBhNR-4MIdtrwU4VmASw-eS3StdEgY9Mo_5cIIqLZyr2boPZ=w786-h589-no

yamms9nd

Scott was our designated "Fish Slayer" for the day, big our small(or maybe very small), he was catching 'em all!

yc4zf3ay

EDIT: "Ulterra. Deploy!" ::biggrin2::

j_seph

Thanks to God for allowing this trip to turn out as well as it did with the cancellations and no shows we had it all went to his will. Also thank you to all that helped make this event a success. My apologies for the long fishing time and the heat(which I could not control). I quickly added up with that cooler full of crappie made us over 200 fish caught. Great to see old faces and to meet new ones.