Up the tree at Panola mountain

Tadpole23

This guy is setting in his stand probably 150 yards in front of me. It's the same guy that walked in on me yesterday at 1 in afternoon.

ssramage

Back at it for the last afternoon. Moved my stand to the opposite side of the field I have been hunting. Hoping it pays off.

Tadpole23

I ended up on a tree in the back of the other field. Only about 16 foot up but just maybe one will walk by.

ssramage

I ended up on a tree in the back of the other field. Only about 16 foot up but just maybe one will walk by.

I could only get about 12’ in this tree :rofl:

For anyone considering this hunt, a loc on or ladder stand might not be a bad idea.

mwseber76

My buddy txt me early and said he shot a doe. I told him to sit tight and keep hunting, about 30 mins later he txt saying tagged out with a nice 8. He went to see about the doe and realized he missed her clean. Shot a sapling in front of her. He called the ranger and was told to consider himself tagged out. Said bring the buck in and checked then head home. Kinda crappy seeing it took him 7 years to get this hunt. Said he saw 10 deer this am and coulda killed a doe after he talked to the ranger but is too honest to do that. Said several folks were told the same thing this am.

This was a great hunt and the rangers/GW did an outstanding job. Nobody feels as bad about not finding that doe more than I do. I met some great folks and will put in for this hunt again. I understand this was a management hunt and not recreational, but it was still a great time.
While it would have been easy to do, I couldn’t shoot at another doe- it wasn’t right. I even offered to pay a fine or give up the buck I shot. No excuses here- just want everyone to understand what happens out there and that this hunt and the folks running it/participating in it were great and I encourage folks to put in for it. It truly is a great time.