Question: Trigger cleaning

Khondker

Watched some YouTube videos showed lighter fluid to clean gun trigger, is lighter fluid good to clean trigger?

I have been using air duster cleaning spray can to blow the trigger assembly, never used any gun cleaning solvent or oil to clean trigger.

I use Rem Oil spray to clean my guns. Can I use Rem Oil spray to clean trigger assembly?

Thanks a lot in advance for helping.

----

Totaloutdoorsman

Get some brake/ carburetor cleaner spray and blast it clean then lightly oil it. That will do the job. Maybe a Q tip to get the easy to reach spots.

jglenn

Lighter fluid works perfectly to clean a trigger and leaves a very slight film on the assembly..

sghoghunter

I soaked my Abolt trigger assembly in dawn dish detergent over night and washed out the soap real good. Then I laid it in the oven for a few minutes on warm to dry it real good then I sprayed good with rem oil

Jester896

Senior Clown
Lighter fluid works perfectly to clean a trigger and leaves a very slight film on the assembly..

and that would probably be all most triggers need I think
oils attracts dust and dirt...films don't usually

jglenn

Exactly

it doesn't gum up either

Jester896

Senior Clown
Here are the instructions from the Timney Site

How do I clean my trigger?

Dip the trigger in white gas (Coleman Fuel), that will dissolve any varnish deposits on the trigger. To lubricate it squirt a small amount of Ronson lighter fluid on the mechanism.

For the life of me I can't find the instructions that came with my Jewell...but very similar.

Will45

Been using lighter fluid for years. Recommended by fellow hunters waaayyy up north. Won't collect crud, and won't freeze up in cold temps.