Dog hunting

ylhatch

i deer hunt with dogs 5-6 times a week.i'm in 2 clubs but i hunt a bunch of private land too.next year i'm thinking of joining a club in carolina so i can start running them aug.15th.i love it.

grouper throat

i deer hunt with dogs 5-6 times a week.i'm in 2 clubs but i hunt a bunch of private land too.next year i'm thinking of joining a club in carolina so i can start running them aug.15th.i love it.

You sound like some of my buddies. They run 5-7 days per week and have 2 different packs of dogs and rotate them. Then if they run low on gas money they will sell a dog or two lol

Actually, I can't say much because I run dogs 3x week and take off 2 whole weeks per season.

HOG-HEAD

IM here , member of the duckroost hunting club , the only dog club in washington county , one off the best run most organized clubs around. awesome members and an awesome place to hunt.Love stillhunting too , but really love to hear them dogs smokin one

fredw

Retired Moderator
IM here , member of the duckroost hunting club , the only dog club in washington county , one off the best run most organized clubs around. awesome members and an awesome place to hunt.Love stillhunting too , but really love to hear them dogs smokin one
Thanks to Hog-Head, I hunted deer with dogs this past season. What a hoot!

And another thanks to SwampDaddy who let me follow him around!

JpEater

One question people... I run dogs in Liberty County, there is Dog Hunting Clubs all around, in all the surrounding counties... There is a Still Hunting Club that leased land right next to ours and a couple more Dog clubs... They call theirselves "Trophy Hunters." You're lucky if the deer is bigger than an 8 point around the coast... Small bodied deer... Why in the world do they try to ruin it for us, if our dogs cross the property line, BAM! They go to holding dogs, magnets in collars, writing tickets, calling game wardens.... I just don't understand it...

Ole boy shot a basket rack 7 point the other day, dogs crossed the property line that drive, he met us at the gate. First thing he said was "That deer had potential." Blows my mind.

Even if a dog is on someone elses property, I am pretty sure its illegal to turn off a tracking collar. Its definatly illegal for someone else to remove it.

Buckfever

One question people... I run dogs in Liberty County, there is Dog Hunting Clubs all around, in all the surrounding counties... There is a Still Hunting Club that leased land right next to ours and a couple more Dog clubs... They call theirselves "Trophy Hunters." You're lucky if the deer is bigger than an 8 point around the coast... Small bodied deer... Why in the world do they try to ruin it for us, if our dogs cross the property line, BAM! They go to holding dogs, magnets in collars, writing tickets, calling game wardens.... I just don't understand it...

Ole boy shot a basket rack 7 point the other day, dogs crossed the property line that drive, he met us at the gate. First thing he said was "That deer had potential." Blows my mind.

I have nothing against dog hunting if done right, but what you are saying blows my mind. Just because someone doesn't want your dogs on their club land how is that ruining it for ya'll? I'd call the GW in a heartbeat, if it was a continious problem.

rex upshaw

Regardless of what deer are on the adjoining property, if your dogs are crossing on to their land and running deer, then they have every right to be ticked off. That seems to be the biggest gripe with those against it. I don't hunt with dogs anymore, although I did it some back in the early 80's. Personally, I wouldn't want to eat a deer that had been run hard by dogs, too much adrenalin.

swampdaddy

Doggin

Thanks to Hog-Head, I hunted deer with dogs this past season. What a hoot!

And another thanks to SwampDaddy who let me follow him around!

Glad I got to show you around Mr Fred. You and your shotgun took to doggin like a duck to water.
See you this spring for some of our world class turkey hunting.

Win270Brown

I don't dog hunt in GA but I go every year with my grandpa to our eastern NC stomping grounds and hunt with dogs. It's an awesome experience and can be a lot of fun. We stand hunt in the mornings and evenings and dog hunt during the day. I love being able to do both when I'm up there with him.

Roberts19SR

They'll sit there and rub it in your face though, I like still hunting and dog hunting. But what's the point of having a still hunting club with dog hunters surrounding you?

Roberts19SR

They'll sit there and rub it in your face though, I like still hunting and dog hunting. But what's the point of having a still hunting club with dog hunters surrounding you?

Not only our dogs, there are SEVERAL packs from SEVERAL other clubs crossing every hunt...

georgiabuck6

Even if a dog is on someone elses property, I am pretty sure its illegal to turn off a tracking collar. Its definatly illegal for someone else to remove it.

Trey, you are right it is tampering with electronic tracking device is a crime and is punishable.

I am also a dog hunter and have been all my life and love it! its great to hear all of y'all giving praise to our dying sport! any of you are welcome to come turn your's loose with us at anytime up here at Briar Creek. and huntmore sorry about your bad encouter with clubs but you arent talking about the briar creek I grew up at I assure you. We used to have some politics, but its all died out in the past few years. Hoghead sorry I didn't get to come hunt with y'all this year I was swamped with work and didn't hunt as much as I planned, but i will make a trip or two down to the duckroost next season!

Thanks Y'all
Tripod

huntmore

Trey, you are right it is tampering with electronic tracking device is a crime and is punishable.

I am also a dog hunter and have been all my life and love it! its great to hear all of y'all giving praise to our dying sport! any of you are welcome to come turn your's loose with us at anytime up here at Briar Creek. and huntmore sorry about your bad encouter with clubs but you arent talking about the briar creek I grew up at I assure you. We used to have some politics, but its all died out in the past few years. Hoghead sorry I didn't get to come hunt with y'all this year I was swamped with work and didn't hunt as much as I planned, but i will make a trip or two down to the duckroost next season!

Thanks Y'all
Tripod

Briarcreek used to have a 300 people long waiting list to get in, now they can't get enough people in. I know some people who still belong and they do not agree with you. The trouble is no matter were you go politics is going to raise it's ugly head, so it is best to ignore it and hunt. That is what me and my family did. We killed lots of deer and lots of people cried about it. Don't get me wrong I would join in a min if I didn't live 4 hrs away. There are lots of fun things to do there ducks,deer,coons, rabbits, fish etc... I caught an 11 lound bass out of the lilly pand pond in 1982. i would love to take my son to deer hunt the old huney holes to. Enjoy it I have hunted all over this country and it doesn't get any better than briar creek.