Hunting app

Trophy buck

I know some of you guys have that one app you love this time of year I recently found antler insanity I like it so far.. What's yours?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
back country navigator. Best GPS and mapping program available. I use it everyday during season and anytime scouting

cpowel10

I spend a lot of time on an app called theChive during deer season.

I like Trimble Outdoor Navigator for GPS too

back country navigator. Best GPS and mapping program available. I use it everyday during season and anytime scouting

Second this. $10 app that is better than a handheld gps unit. You can also import waypoints that a you export from a handheld unit if you put the time into it. I was able to import all of my old units waypoints into my phone. Never looked back.

DEERFU

Second this. $10 app that is better than a handheld gps unit. You can also import waypoints that a you export from a handheld unit if you put the time into it. I was able to import all of my old units waypoints into my phone. Never looked back.

Does this work well with an iphone? How's the signal reception in the woods?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

yep it works better than any handheld GPS I tried over the years. Deadly accurate and does not fully work off cell service.

I used it last year to navigate to a stand at the top of a mountain in nebraska in the dead dark. took me within a few feet of the tree...and for those that know me and my night time navigational skills you will know how amazing this is:bounce:

same thing with marking trail cams etc

Huntinfool

I don't see it in the apple app store JT. Do you know if it's available there?

Does this work well with an iphone? How's the signal reception in the woods?

My friend I sorry to say that the app is Android only :-(

Do believe there are really good iPhone alternatives out there but cannot recommend one since I only use a Android device.

Huntinfool

My friend I sorry to say that the app is Android only :-(

Do believe there are really good iPhone alternatives out there but cannot recommend one since I only use a Android device.

I do see one called trimble outdoors navigator that seems to do about the same thing. pretty good reviews and $4.99. Offline map capability.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
backcountry. thats about it. somedays i wish there was a good handwarmer app

I am a medical director for obstacle racing (Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash etc. ) I use Trimble when mapping race courses. I like the fact that you can attach video or pics to all your waypoints. I use hiking, hunting and fishing as well. Well worth the money !

Fishin & Hunting

Are there any good apps for a blackberry.

Gerrik

I'm a fan of Gaia GPS on iPhone. Combine that with Maplets, and I could be within about 10ft of where I wanted to be in Cohutta WMA, even with no signal.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Are there any good apps for a blackberry.

not sure of anything useful. man I swore by my blackberrys until I finally got a true droid smartphone.

I still believe my blackberry would get on the web better in low service areas though