Fort Stewart newbie

Geezer Ray

I am considering going to Fort Stewart and was wondering if anyone might have advise on first time hunting? Any areas to scout out or areas to avoid? If you stay overnight, where do you stay? Camp grounds? Just any info would help, I have down loaded their rules and regs. I have looked on line at their web site and maps. I am just a little overwhelmed and would appreciate a shove in the right direction. Thanks for your help.

Don't get overwhelmed. Just look at it as an adventure. Look for open areas along the river. Scout/drive till you see sign. It's pretty obvious where they have been active. Be patient and stay in the active area. I like palmettos flats in mature pine near water. Time in the woods equals success for me. I wait them out. Get the gun registration out of the way ahead of time. 72 hold now on new registrations. Have fun. If I'm off when you are here I would show you around. I have been thinking about putting a gun rack on my mountain bike and just cruising around active areas after work. Think it would be a great way to cover more ground and see more pigs.

Last edited: