Cargo camper

Artfuldodger

I know what you are suppose to do with your gray water but what if one doesn't have a sink? Say you clean and rinse your dishes in pails. We always poured this in the woods. It wasn't really even that dirty.
One time a ranger at an Army Corp campgound fussed at my aunt for doing this. He said it could get in the lake. I guess that's was dirtier that all that outboard motor oil.
Anyway if you wait until dark.

Another thing was those outside showers some campers have. Some rangers don't like those. We just went behind our pop-up and showered with the water hose sprayer. Feels good in July and you don't have to hike to the bath house.

My brother had one of those bladder showers hanging in the sun at a campsite. The ranger stopped and said "I hope you aren't planning on using that." My brother said why not? The ranger said it was messy and it would make the campsite muddy. He said I'd rather you just bath in the lake. My brother said OK but I didn't think we were suppose to. The ranger said "I'd rather you do that than use that shower."

I'm back to primitive camping now and sleeping in a hammock. It's amazing how much water we use. We mostly have to get water from a hand pump where we camp.

the Lackster

The good thing about that kitchen is it frees up your picnic table. I never had one but did put my stove on a small table I made. Back in the day folks would make a chuck box out of plywood. Usually the stove would fit in it as well. Same concept as the table sorta but heavy.

How does the sink work? Can you rig a drain to a waste container?
I'd like to have a separate table with a sink in it a little bit away from the stove cook area. Run a garden hose to it.
Now if you fish a lot, this fish cleaning stove would be nice;

https://www.kotulas.com/deals/Produ...MIv9Xr4qGP2gIVgzqBCh1yIAuEEAQYAyABEgJUEfD_BwE

As far as the sink its basically just a basin with a drain tube for a bucket. I have never used it. We just use the water jug with the shut off valve and have it over a bucket for gray water. I just dump it one or twice a day which i dont mind. Luckily we camp at yogi in the smokies and they have a fish cleaning station which is super handy. There is a big sink with hot water at th shower house that is really close to the spot we normally stay in. That makes dish clean up a breeze.

the Lackster

Cherokee payload from one of our trips last year. Got to love some boneless skinless trout fillets. My little girl request "fish sticks" on a frequent basis so i keep plenty on hand. We have never given her store bought fish sticks she always wants trout.

Attachments

• TF9PrrYb-98489068.jpg
    TF9PrrYb-98489068.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 398
  • HazSNnvb-98497383.jpg
    HazSNnvb-98497383.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 401

the Lackster

Two weeks till our first trip this year. Im stoked

the Lackster

Nice setups!

I too have the Cabelas camp kitchen and love it. Used it all over the state from Ossabaw Island to Pigeon Mtn. Works great.

It really makes cooking alot easier. Im not super tall but it keeps me from having to bend over to use my camp stove.

660griz

If you want a toilet, look in to composting toilets. We put one in our camper. Took out the water flush one cause I hate dumping black tanks. No smell and no waste of water.
We got a Nature's Head but, you can make one or pick others.