Winch install on a S x S?

TJay

How difficult is it to do the installation yourself? I'm not very mechanical but I'd give it a go if I can do it without screwing anything up. I checked with a dealer and they wanted over $400!

paulito

Relatively easy. Most have the mounts already pre tapped on the front. Or at least the kubotas do. The hard part is usually fishing the wires. Make sure you use quality wire sized correctly. Small wire will heat up quick enough to melt on a long or heavy pull. If u have room go as big as can fit. The small cheap ones aren't worth much more than dragging stuff outtakes ur way. If you get stuck good they don't have the umph to pop you out in our experience.

T-N-T

Wires need to be in a place they don't pinch or snag. That's the hardest part.... Just look it over and think it through before you begin.

And remember, if you get a snatch block hooked to a tree and run the cable back to the front bumper. You double the capacity of the small cheap and didn't work a minute ago winch.

TJay

I already have a bracket from EMP that is for my Yamaha Wolverine R Spec. I was thinking on getting the Terra Superwinch 3500. I haven't ordered it yet I'm going to be busy the next month or so but when things quiet down I'll probably order it and see if I can get it hooked up. Thanks for the replies!

paulito

We have that winch on both of our kubota diesels and it works great. good choice.

Another good accessory that we have found is one of the rubber winch blocks. Keeps guys from over winding the cable into the unit when finished with it. It also gives you something nice to hold onto when free spooling cable out rather than risking nasty stick from a frayed cable.

TJay

We have that winch on both of our kubota diesels and it works great. good choice.

Another good accessory that we have found is one of the rubber winch blocks. Keeps guys from over winding the cable into the unit when finished with it. It also gives you something nice to hold onto when free spooling cable out rather than risking nasty stick from a frayed cable.

That's a good idea.