End of season tactics and success

sowgabuckstalker

Greetings gals and gals, cheers to another great season, hate to see it about to end, its been a good one on my end. I do hope to get out a couple of more times at least though. Anything different this late in the season? I hunt in S Ga.

Thanks again to all for great advice and info as always on this board. Cheers.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Be where he wants to go. Some of his strut and gobble spots.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Good luck. The last week of April until the end has always been my favorite time. The woods are thick. You may have to close up to get him to come in.

Buckman18

I was just trying to decide if I should try to fill my last tag up here in the mountains or go down to my lease in Mcduffie County this weekend. Both have plenty of turkeys...

sowgabuckstalker

Went this morning. Not a single gobble but fresh tom tracks and strut marks everywhere. I did call in 5 hens and 2 jakes. all came right to my decoys, just knew there had a to be tom in tow but nada.

So with it getting firstlight a little after 6 AM, they should hit the ground a little earlier right? I saw these turkeys about 7 AM.

late season

If he is on fire, I would call one time and if he answers you, put your call in your pocket, don't say another word, he will be by at some time. Might take hours and he most likely will come in silent.

Good Luck

s&r

sowgabuckstalker

They seemed to have went quiet at my main spot but their could be the most sign and tracks I have seen this year, its nuts, I mean gobbler tracks and strut marks everywhere. I will be back in the morning :)

Do yall's birds seem to go quiet this time a year? Is that common? I remember last year hearing the most gobbling of the season like the last few days of the season.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
They seemed to have went quiet at my main spot but their could be the most sign and tracks I have seen this year, its nuts, I mean gobbler tracks and strut marks everywhere. I will be back in the morning :)

Do yall's birds seem to go quiet this time a year? Is that common? I remember last year hearing the most gobbling of the season like the last few days of the season.

It happens sometimes. They may be lighting it up at 11:00 AM. You never know. It's different every year with turkeys. Wasn't much roost gobbling in my neck of the woods this year. But they tore the house down between 10 and 12 a few times. You just gotta be there.

sowgabuckstalker

It happens sometimes. They may be lighting it up at 11:00 AM. You never know. It's different every year with turkeys. Wasn't much roost gobbling in my neck of the woods this year. But they tore the house down between 10 and 12 a few times. You just gotta be there.

Ironhead, some folks gotta work for a livin! ::ke: