2 ATV's stolen from turkey camp. Please keep an eye out

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hope Y'all are doin great and havin fun this gobbler season!!!!
I had both my 4 wheelers stole from camp. I just found out Sunday but they could've been stole anytime after Easter weekend in April. We haven't been there in a month.
Not gonna let it get us down or depress or anger us. Fun life goes on and I shouldn't have been leaving them there.
But if y'all just simply keep your eyes out if anyone is trying sell them or get them fixed maybe someone might see them.
They were stole from camp in Wilkes Co. between Rayle and Tignall.
1 is red Kawasaki prarie 400 2x4 automatic and it leaks gas. Gas leaks on the left foot board.
2 is dark green Honda forman s 450 4x4 with a broken winch. The right front brake is also broken and making noise.
I'm gonna try this week to find any paper work on them with serial numbers and bring that stuff to Sheriffs Dept Friday.
Thanks for helping keep an eye out!!!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Man I hate to read stuff like this , to me nothing worse , good luck finding out who it is !

Arrow3

I live fairly close and I'm in that area a lot . I'll be on the look out.

sea trout

Thanks y'all

MFOSTER

BANNED
Sea trout it doesn’t cost but a little more to have your man toys added to homeowners policy 4 wheelers,campers golf carts etc,hope you find them just a heads up when you replace.

sea trout

Hopefully they'll do some time. From all the camps they stole from I think the amount of value added up to a felony!
The trackin device was brilliant!
We should all be aware and plan for the possibility of thieves.
Our camp had just gotten too relaxed over all the years with no problems and we started leavin stuff out in the open.
But no more! We planned for burglers now!
Good luck y'all!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good news , did y’all get your stuff back sea trout

Hopefully they'll do some time. From all the camps they stole from I think the amount of value added up to a felony!
The trackin device was brilliant!
We should all be aware and plan for the possibility of thieves.
Our camp had just gotten too relaxed over all the years with no problems and we started leavin stuff out in the open.
But no more! We planned for burglers now!
Good luck y'all!
Its just shame you have to plan for that sorry good for nothing thieves

HoofTracker

My friend's camp, they did not get their stuff back from the first theft. However the first theft prompted a tracker being deployed. So to put a timeline on it, Spring '18 his camp has things stolen from it. Next weekend He puts a tracker in a Yeti and leaves it out. He also put trail cams looking both ways on his gate to his camp. Weeks go by and he almost forgot about it then his cell goes off that his tracker is moving. He calls Wilkes SO (from home phone I guess) and is telling them where to intercept. The rest is history. Wilkes SO couldn't or wouldn't get a SW for Gwinnett Co where these guys resided for anything stolen although I'm sure it was probably all sold off by then. Case just wrapped up a month or so ago. You could call the DA's or SO for details. He was told by a Wilkes SO that they were in jail until their court date, they also had warrants in Gwinnett Co which could be why they didn't go for a search warrant because of charges in multiple counties would have made it a GBI issue, not sure, but they were found guilty, got two years, 5yrs probation and so on. He said they are now sitting in Gwinnett County jail for charges there. It is a heck of a story for sure with a happy ending because these guys seem to get away with it most of the time.

Long post, but these may or may not be the same guys. Coincidentally his trail cams got the truck with a four wheeler in the back. The SO has both SD cards as evidence. I think they do have one or more four wheelers recovered since while he was intercepted with the tracker there were other things he was in possession of. The Wilkes County SO told my friend that they probably get approx. 200 cases of stolen property a year out of deer camps alone.

Side note, I do not know the brand tracker he used but the service cost $400.00 a year. He is splitting it up this year as part of the lease and leaving the "bait" out year round. Of course one would be a fool to track it down yourself.

He is thinking about calling GON and doing an article.

sea trout

They also have have charges and have to go to court in Thomson too. So it keeps addin up for the 2 thieves.

sea trout

Its just shame you have to plan for that sorry good for nothing thieves

I 100 percent agree! I wish we could leave stuff at camp and people would just leave stuff alone but very sad that aint the case. A great idea is to get a few no flash camera's amounst the camp and hide them good and keep em runnin.

six

That's great that they got busted and that you got your
4-wheelers back.

I like the tracker idea. Probably will invest in one. Already have several well placed cameras . I've been very fortunate. Had one incident in 30 years on my place. A well placed 5 gallon can of about 10% gas and 90% sugar water and corn syrup helped solve that.

Last edited:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I love it when scumbags go to jail!

From the link above:

After things went missing, and his hunting club gate lock had been cut with bolt cutters, the hunter called the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Department and met with Investigator Jason Gaddy.

On April 10, 2018, the hunter phoned Gaddy that the cooler was moving on Callaway Road. This led Gaddy and Wilkes County Investigator Philiph Perkins to an area with some chicken houses, which is where they met Joe Pitts, 57, of Buford.

Pitts was sentenced on Nov. 19 and is currently serving a 12-month prison term for two different theft charges. After that, he’ll be on probation for 5 years.