HELP!!!! Duramax/Diesel mechanic needed

JSWAFF

Does anyone know of a good diesel mechanic in the Gainesville/Flowery branch area willing to work on an LB7?

3ringer

Not close but Lead Foot Diesel in Monroe I believe has a great reputation.

transfixer

If they haven't worked on it at all, I would tow it out and take it elsewhere, if they have worked on it but haven't figured out the problem, I would want a definitive explanation of what they've done, I've been an auto tech for over 30yrs, you can't leave a customer on hold for 3 weeks without contacting them at least once a week and explaining what you are doing, and why its taking so long, if they simply can't figure it out,, then again, tow it somewhere else. I don't know anyone in that area, only diesel shop I could recommend is Down South Diesel in Madison, and that's a long way from you.

JSWAFF

If they haven't worked on it at all, I would tow it out and take it elsewhere, if they have worked on it but haven't figured out the problem, I would want a definitive explanation of what they've done, I've been an auto tech for over 30yrs, you can't leave a customer on hold for 3 weeks without contacting them at least once a week and explaining what you are doing, and why its taking so long, if they simply can't figure it out,, then again, tow it somewhere else. I don't know anyone in that area, only diesel shop I could recommend is Down South Diesel in Madison, and that's a long way from you.

They've not called me the only way i found out anything about the truck was physically going by after the 1st week to see progress. Theyve checked injectors and did a cam sensor in 3 weeks........maybe 5 hours of total work. I want to take else where but cant seem to find a decent mechanic

BIG RANDY

Atlanta Auto Diesel in Winder did the delete and tune on my Duramax and also does all the maintenance. If it ever needs repair that is where I'll go. Decent pricing and timely work.

little rascal

What is it doing

or not doing? Mine was cutting off on me the last 2 years and going into what they call Passlock. It disables the fuel and won't fire up until you leave it alone for 20-30 minutes. It thinks somebody is stealing it or has the wrong key. If I took it somewhere they would have put in a BCM an ECM and probably new glow plugs and controller. What I have finally found out, is a lot of people with GM has had the same issues. It has everything to do with your connections battery and wiring connectors.

JSWAFF

or not doing? Mine was cutting off on me the last 2 years and going into what they call Passlock. It disables the fuel and won't fire up until you leave it alone for 20-30 minutes. It thinks somebody is stealing it or has the wrong key. If I took it somewhere they would have put in a BCM an ECM and probably new glow plugs and controller. What I have finally found out, is a lot of people with GM has had the same issues. It has everything to do with your connections battery and wiring connectors.

It spins over but will not fire. checked fuel and everything I'm 90% its electrical. its been moved to the dealership due to the fact that the previous shop "didn't have the equipment needed" to test everything. Today is 4 weeks its been in a shop and nothing....

JSWAFF

Does anyone have a used 03' GM 6.6L Duramax ECM laying around in the Gainesville area? Moved the truck to Hardy Chevrolet about a week ago they diagnosed a broken cam pin. they got in there and the cam pin was fine they're thinking ECM now just need one that works in order to verify before spending a stupid amount of money on a new ECM.

GoldDot40

Hulsey's Auto Parts....I bet they have several in stock. They are off Candler Rd a few miles South of I-985.

660griz

Did they check for fuel leaks on the low pressure fuel side/return?
Did anyone trying priming it while turning the engine over?

JSWAFF

Did they check for fuel leaks on the low pressure fuel side/return?
Did anyone trying priming it while turning the engine over?
Yes it has over 5,000 psi of fuel pressure. I found a working used ECM but that was not the issue. Service tech seems to think that the cam is out of position by a fraction of an inch. They began tear down of the motor yesterday. Should know the exact problem before the end of the week.