The Story of Kong

Munkywrench

Man Jerry, you had told me a little about this and I had seen pictures, but that's one heck of a story, very well written. I hope I have the time, patience and ability to suffer/enjoy an adventure like this one day. With how that hog learned to sneak around he would have been an awesome trophy at 100 lbs lol.
Congratulations again Sir

pine nut

WOW Jerry! So very many superlatives have been ascribed to this hunt and story, and all are true and what a great adventure! Thank you for this posting and as someone else has said It's the best post I've ever read on this forum! Well done and outstanding in its entirety. It is fitting that it was you who took this great beast. His intelligence alone was deserving of having a great hunter and sportsman take him. He will live on it this story for years. Simply awesome!

Clipper

After reading Jerry's story on the forum I asked my wife if she had seen my April GON. She said it was in her car, so I got it and read it again in the magazine. I think this is one of the best stories I've read there lately. Most of their stories are written by their writers as told by the hunter. This one published under Jerry's name. Maybe I'm prejudiced because it was a trad bow story, but I still think it rates up there with the best. Congratulations again, Jerry.

jerry russell

Thanks guys for the kind words. I hope his story does live on for a long time. That great hog deserves it.

Here is a little recovery video. It has some pretty neat video of him captured on trail cams.

spydermon

Never seen anyone use a sight on a recurve before.

Do you shoot fingers or with a release? I have seen some shoot with a release before..although it was highly frowned upon by the "traditionalists".

Pointpuller

Awesome story from start to finish!! Not sure which is better the trophy or the story. Both are outstanding. congrats.

Knee Deep

Great read. Congrats on a successful end to your journey with Kong. As sweet as the success is, I know you'll miss the chase with him.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
AWESOME! Congrats:cheers:

And thanks for posting this in the Hog hunting section:D

Barebowyer

Well done Jerry. Amazing read, amazing accomplishment..written and done like a true sportsman with respect for the hunt and the animal. Great job!

robert carter

Just read this story again. Outstanding quest for in my opinion the hardest to kill critter in Georgia with a bow. a pressured Boar with age on him is a sharp critter. even more so when there is a good bit of food around and his movement is less. Outstanding !RC

jtexaslonestar

Wow, what an experience! Definitely didn't know about this before I sent that text that I needed Bear Dog to do some work! All your advice/info was solid but this really puts it into perspective . Thanks for sharing this!

Barry Duggan

I have also read this story many times, and ever time I reach the same conclusion...impressive and well played.

Latest posts