hoyt gamemaster I

vtec31284

I am trying to get into traditional archery. And I have one of my compound bow for sell and I have a guy wanting to trade me a hoyt gamemaster 1 riser with 55lbs gamemaster 2 limbs and he said he will put new string on it also. Very little info on gamemaster 1 on Web but really good reviews on gamemaster 2. Just wanted to see if any of yall got one and if so what do you like and dislike about it. I am 100% new to traditional
Thanks for any information

Skunkhound

I'm not familiar with that bow, but 55lb is pretty heavy to start out with IMO. The plus side is that you can get lighter limbs and work up to the heavier ones if you need to.

AllAmerican

Not a fan of machined alloy riser. But on the other hand it's a good start until you explore a dabble with other bows and styles. Try to find your local traditional events. I started with a PSE Kingfisher 45#. A lot of this is personal preference. Fred Eichler seems to do well with it. Any way, welcome to the trad world. You may eventually ditch the training wheels. I haven't shot my Drenlin in a long time, it's dusty. Good luck and have fun.

vtec31284

Thanks for the input guys I went ahead and got it going to try to find some 40# limbs to put on it and build up

Stump Shooter

Saw a guy at the state shoot with a Hoyt riser he had sent to Lancaster Archery and had it set up to shoot ILF limbs. Get a set of 45 lb black max carbon wood limbs and be set. They shoot hard.