Legal weapons?

ccwonka

I know on private lands there is no closed season for hogs, but I see no regulations via firearms vs. archery and the like?

We just discovered hogs on one side of our property, and I'd like to try and get one, but based on my cams, I'll have to get them at night . . . this means that I wouldn't be looking for venison at the same time, so even though it's archery season for deer, could I take my 270 out at night and hunt hogs?

CC

PS - I tried to use the search function to see if this had been addressed, but it kicked me off the site . . . worked with several words, but "season" seemed to make it angry!

ccwonka

yep, read page 12, it doesn't specify anything about weapons on PRIVATE lands . . . page six also does not specify about hogs during other deer season . . .

Am I to assume that it's OK to use a firearm since it's not spelled out that I can't on private lands?

markland

There are no weapons restrictions for shooting non-game animals on private land. You can literally kill them with anything, legal to own, you want. Also no limit and no restrictions, other then no baiting and 6 volt light or less, unless you have the nuisance permit approved and signed by the land owner with your name included, then you can shoot them at night with a 12 volt light over bait and even from a truck. Mark