red fin pike

BradMyers

Gone but not forgotten
The old daredevil red and white spoon was a real killer back when I was a youngun too. Redfins and jack love em.

Their 2 biggest cousins love them DD's too. This is one little fish I need to get off my bucket list. I'm really wanting to feature this species on my radio show, just need to get in some field research time. I reckon I'll need to make a trip south since they don't seem to thrive around here.

Any one have any experience with the Grass Pickerel (Esox americanus vermiculatus)? Not to be confused with the bigger chain pickerel.

Attachments

• Esox_americanus_vermiculatus.jpg
    Esox_americanus_vermiculatus.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,007

Scrapy

Banned
Their 2 biggest cousins love them DD's too. This is one little fish I need to get off my bucket list. I'm really wanting to feature this species on my radio show, just need to get in some field research time. I reckon I'll need to make a trip south since they don't seem to thrive around here.

Any one have any experience with the Grass Pickerel (Esox americanus vermiculatus)? Not to be confused with the bigger chain pickerel.
My latest experience was last night. You better hurry. The creeks are drying up fast. (I tried to post picks from my cell but it didn't work) I can email them though.

Last edited: