Diamond Dog Food "Recall" UPDATE!!!!

JuliaH

Yes, the higher protein can be an issue... I regulate that to some degree with how much I give them, but sometimes the 26/18 formula just does better for some :) 30% protein is hot for sure!

Looks like some more study time, cuz that difference is important.

Julia

Jetjockey

Just talked to my trainer. He switches to 28/18 during the summer. He was switching to 26/18 with Purina and it wasn't working. He had no problems with PP when it was cold, and the 26/18 wasnt enough when it was warm. Eukanuba has two "Performance" formulas, 30/20 and 28/18. It works better for him. Again, not sure PP or Eukanuba is better then the other, but for us, the Eukanuba seems to be better.

Sam H

Julia....I just checked the "Exclusive" PMI Lamb/Rice formula bag of food I picked up...And it has the AAFCO statement of approved "maintenance for adult dogs" which is what i want for the off-season...Don't know about thier "Performance" yet...But will check that...Thanks for the "tidbit' of info from AAFCO...another "comfort endorsement" from the pro's!

coveyrise

Sam,
I have been using Pro Plan Lamb and Rice for many, many years and can tell you it has out performed all other feed I have tried. Even used Bill Jack for a while and always come back to Purina. My dogs live 15-18 years old and have a great quaility of life till the end. I hunt many dogs till they are 16 for many hours a day and they still hold up well. Sams Club has a 44 lb. bag for 35 dollars. So you get 10 lbs free compared to other stores and you get the extra points from the weight circles. Of all the plantations I work on down here, 90% use Purina and it sure is not because of the price. They can afford to feed anything they want to. Eric from Eucanuba came to a field day this last year at Pineland Plantation and gave a very long talk about dog nutrition. When he was finished he asked if anyone had any questions and not a person even asked one question. Of course they just about all had on Purina jackets. When these guys put their reputation on the line its with Purina powering their dogs.

StevePickard

Coveyrise-
That's as good of an endorsement for a particular brand of dog food anyone could ask for! My main objective in finding a good food for my dogs are to keep them healthy and have a long life. It sounds like Purina has helped your dogs do just that.
Steve

Setter Jax

Coveyrise-
That's as good of an endorsement for a particular brand of dog food anyone could ask for! My main objective in finding a good food for my dogs are to keep them healthy and have a long life. It sounds like Purina has helped your dogs do just that.
Steve

Steve I agree, Thanks Coveyrise. Heading to Sam's club after work.

SJ

coveyrise

Coveyrise-
Steve

Steve,

I have dogs that have been on this feed for all their life except for the first year[fed pro plan puppy]and are now 12 years old and have never been to a vets office. Their coats are nice and shiny and they just never get sick. Never had cancer or skin problems. I think your dogs will like it.