Any way to stop unwanted text messages

Gumswamp

Do any of you good folks know how to stop unwanted text messages I am receiving on my Straight Talk phone. The text messages are coming from 13 WMAZ TV station in Macon, Ga. and I never signed up for them. I receive about 3-10 a day and it counts against my total for the month. I read the phone info, mashed every button I can on phone and still nothing. ANY and ALL help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Gumswamp

rjcruiser

Do any of you good folks know how to stop unwanted text messages I am receiving on my Straight Talk phone. The text messages are coming from 13 WMAZ TV station in Macon, Ga. and I never signed up for them. I receive about 3-10 a day and it counts against my total for the month. I read the phone info, mashed every button I can on phone and still nothing. ANY and ALL help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Gumswamp

What is the model phone you have?

Can you call Straight talk and have the number blocked?

Lukikus2

Evidently someone signed up for their "response forum" or whatever you call it and put your number down to recieve text updates. You may have to call the station and let them know to take it off since you didn't sign up for it. There IT person should be able to do that.

You can't block a number on a Straight Talk phone. If you have a "smart phone", the phone itself may have an app available for it.

Try sending a reply "stop" and see what happens.

May take a phone call to the station to "explain" the situation. You may have to "explain" that sending unwanted text messages is a crime.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
go to 13 WMAZ TV website and un-register your number.

BTW, if you need a basic phone, Straight Talk is offering a free phone with the purchase of the $30 per month service plan, and includes free overnight shipping. This in on-line, not at Wal-Mart.

Gumswamp

Thanks Folks for all the help. I emailed the TV station and have asked them to remove my number. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Twenty Five Ought Six you are the one that put me on to the $30.00 deal from Straight Talk in an earlier response you had to someone elses question. Thanks for that. I think its a good deal also. Now if I can get these text messages to stop and folks don't think about calling Straight Talk Customer Support unless you want to speak to Raul or Dez IZ Betty. How May I Hop You !

Thanks Folks

crackerdave

BTW, if you need a basic phone, Straight Talk is offering a free phone with the purchase of the $30 per month service plan, and includes free overnight shipping. This in on-line, not at Wal-Mart.
Dang! I missed it!
Thanks Folks for all the help. I emailed the TV station and have asked them to remove my number. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Twenty Five Ought Six you are the one that put me on to the $30.00 deal from Straight Talk in an earlier response you had to someone elses question. Thanks for that. I think its a good deal also. Now if I can get these text messages to stop and folks don't think about calling Straight Talk Customer Support unless you want to speak to Raul or Dez IZ Betty. How May I Hop You !

Thanks Folks
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Swamp,thanks for the thread - I have Straight Talk,and a similar problem.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I occasionally get somekind of text that is and add for something, I always reply STOP NOW!!! and it seems to work.

bigt61

i reply with stop now or get sued by my lawyer lol......

havent had issues since! lol....

golffreak

Like others have said, if you will reply "stop" most of the time you will not get another one.