Nelson's Nantahala Hideaway

TurkeyKiller12

Planning on making a trip up to Topton,NC towards the end of next week to a campground called Nelson's Nantahala Hideaway. I've researched, researched and researched this place. It seems like a decent family campground. Wondering if anyone here has used this campground before. Hoping for a fun few days with my little boys.

Too-Tall

I've stayed at Tumbling Waters campground in Almond a few times after rafting the Nantahala. They have a creek with wild trout and a pay trout pond. Covered communal cooking area with sink and stove is handy.
Nelsons looks nice and is closer to lonesome dove stables where I've taken my girls riding.

transfixer

That one looks pretty good, I'll have to remember it next time I want to go up that way, another one to check out is Indian Creek Campground, right outside Cherokee, awesome place, owned by a man and his wife, definitely family friendly, very clean campground, probably the cleanest bath houses I've ever seen. Trout stream right there that is stocked by the Cherokee nation.

TurkeyKiller12

Got back Sunday afternoon from our camping trip. I'm not sure I would recommend this camp ground. I bet it was a really nice place at one time but now has seem to be ran down. The bathrooms were never cleaned and also never had any TP or paper towels the entire 4 days we were there. I seen several realty signs at the road so I am assuming the place is for sale. I hope someone buys this place and can get it back in to shape.