What Type of Vine/Weed Is This

spencer12

Hello everyone, I've been trying to rid a small section of my farm of this weed for about 2 years now.

It is a vining plant that is dark green in the spring with yellow, white, or pink flowers (Can't remember which right now). It has spread and began to kill basically all ground cover. It wraps around fences and trees and basically forms a blanket over the ground. It is NOT kudzu I know this for a fact.

I need help identifying it and removing it if possible. This is growing on an old pasture that was never replanted or anything. It has been left to grow up for about 10 years now and in the last 5 or so it has killed everything under it. It basically smothers anything living under it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• UV3.jpg
    UV3.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 448
  • U.V.1.jpg
    U.V.1.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 450
  • U.V.2.jpg
    U.V.2.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 449

spencer12

Upon further research, I believe it may be Bindweed. Do the above pics look like Bindweed?

Also here are a few more weeds I would like to get rid of. Do you think these weeds are a result of poor soil? What are they?

Attachments

• U.W.1.jpg
    U.W.1.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 441
  • U.W.2.jpg
    U.W.2.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 439

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I would guess the top pic of the dead vines is morning glory

doomtrpr_z71

Bindweed is a Midwestern weed, that looks to morning Glory. Regardless, your pictured weeds can be controlled with a tankmix of 24d and roundup.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to say for sure without pics of the foliage, but looks like it could be bindweed.

The other weeds: first pic is annual (Carolina) geranium and bedstraw. The second pic is not a plant I'm familiar with.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
The last pic looks like what we call rattlesnake weed. Has a root that is a white tuber that kind of resembles a snakes rattle. From the devil.. very invasive