4th Annual Food Plot Prep Picture Thread

atlashunter

Here is my little clover patch.

IMG_1067.jpg

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
I bet you have visitors there!!!!!!! Nice!!

Canuck5

Cause T.P. always used to like pichers.

My small mud puddle ponds are holding more water all the time and although you can't see it well, in this picture, they are getting used, a lot. This one is at the end of a food plot.

Attachments

• Pond Puddle.jpg
    Pond Puddle.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 605

Canuck5

All the plots are getting used and looking very well, this year, compared to last. Radishes, wheat and clover being used. Purple Top Turnips are being used by the Members, hopefully we'll see some signs of deer use, soon.

Attachments

• Pond Plot.jpg
    Pond Plot.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 612

deerbuster

Our oats got hit fairly hard when the temps got down below 50F, although they seems to have a little leaf burn from the nights below 20. After checking cameras and pulling samples this week I was happy to see deer using them. I counted 9 in this picture

Attachments

• 0D516361-1D29-472A-98A9-035187A31460.jpg
    0D516361-1D29-472A-98A9-035187A31460.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 518

Canuck5

The oats are still working for you! Still thinking about doing some Eagle Soybeans?

deerbuster

The oats are still working for you! Still thinking about doing some Eagle Soybeans?

I think we have settled on ICPs. We plan on planting around 6 acres, and the Eagle beans were going to be a little too expensive at the moment.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Here's my powerline plot, doin pretty good, combine wheat and oats. If you're heading down Hwy 80 east from Talbotton, just past Poplar trace you'll see it on the right.....

Rode by there this weekend. Thought I saw a yeti on the powerline right beside the road. I stopped and turned around when I got out to take a picture I realized someone lost a cheap cooler..

HoCoLion91

5 way oats, wheat, rye, clover, rape. They mowed down close to the cover. The rape grew and blossomed, was not expecting that

Attachments

• 9C822B00-15A5-4656-B263-C945F68D8D0D.jpg
    9C822B00-15A5-4656-B263-C945F68D8D0D.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 92ABFFB0-EA5A-4373-ACF9-E85A59AE9C7A.jpg
    92ABFFB0-EA5A-4373-ACF9-E85A59AE9C7A.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 407

GAbuckhunter88

Started breaking up some new plots with my new to me Fred Cain Cultivator today, this thing really breaks the hard ground up. Bringing the dozer up in a few weeks to expand some of the plots, biggest will go from 1/3 acre to around 1.5 acres. Pulled 10 soil samples as well to get ready to put down lime as soon as they are all expanded. Probably end of February or mid March.

Attachments

• F0F1018F-858F-48F0-B5A2-44387C755E00.jpg
    F0F1018F-858F-48F0-B5A2-44387C755E00.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 333

Canuck5

The deer are wearing the plots out right now.

Attachments

• Feb food2.jpg
    Feb food2.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Feb food1.JPG
    Feb food1.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Feb food.JPG
    Feb food.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 312

Canuck5

Cut 5 trailer loads of wood this weekend ...... dug out the fire pit ...... Put out 350 lbs of white salt and mixed in another 350 lbs of mineral salt in 7 different sites ..... another 3 sites to go.

Canuck5

I am not sure what is in those tree tubes, at the far end. They were planted when I wasn't around. The tall trees on the right are some apples, and dunstan chestnuts we planted a few years back.

Canuck5

T.P. loves pichers ....... we need more pichers ...... I'll have some more after Turkey Opener.

humdandy

Banned
Oats, Wheat, Rye and Clover. This is about 2 ac. plot.

Lined with Sawtooths and 2 New Dunstans!

Gonna lime this week a new plot in the front field......will be 5 ac. plot.

Attachments

• dunstan.jpg
    dunstan.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 184

Triple C

Cause T.P. loved pictures...

Daylighted an interior rd and planted in wheat and white clover. Come late April wheat will be terminated and should have a nice stand of perennial clover that will last for several years.
Inteirior Rd Clover.jpg

Interior Rd Clover.jpg

Bout a 1/3 acre plot planted in perennial clover (durana n ladino) with wheat as a nurse crop.
Horse Shoe.jpg

Horse Shoe Clover.jpg

Perimeter of largest plot, about 6 acres with the perimeter planted in durana and ladino clover with wheat as a nurse crop.
Bean Field Perimeter.jpg

Lastly...pic of rotting turnips planted in the interior of largest plot last fall. Think I'm done with brassicas after planting them for 5 or 6 years. Deer do eat the tops, nibble on the bulbs, but have come to the conclusion that I get more bang for the buck with oats, wheat n rye grains.
Turnips.jpg

Miss Ol' T.P.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I am not sure what is in those tree tubes, at the far end. They were planted when I wasn't around. The tall trees on the right are some apples, and dunstan chestnuts we planted a few years back.

I think they are pears.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Triple C,
I plant turnips and such every 3-4 years. It keeps me from having soil compacted to much.

Canuck5

Oats, Wheat, Rye and Clover. This is about 2 ac. plot.

Lined with Sawtooths and 2 New Dunstans!

Gonna lime this week a new plot in the front field......will be 5 ac. plot.

Very nice!