Playoff Sunday.....gonna chill, cook, eat...what's on your menus today ?

Dub

Missed the Falcons game yessaday....maybe it was for the best. Wife and I went to see the Winston Churchill movie, Darkest Hour. We both really enjoyed it.

Late breakfast this morning......sausage, egg & cheese English muffins.

Gonna fire up the grill in a few and see what I can conjure up for eats later on this evening.

Guess I'll pull for the Saints later on since my Texans never made it and the Falcons are waiting on next year.....

What's everyone gonna cook today ????

While I won't be watching the playoff games, the 6* it was here this morning, north of Nashville, convinced me to make some venison chile. It will be made with chop meat and beans will be added. The B4 shot....lol

Attachments

• 0114181142.jpg
    0114181142.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 349

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Mercy! That burger looks awesome!

Dub

I'll bet that chili is gonna be great, Model88 !!!!!

Mercy! That burger looks awesome!

Thanks....breakfast sammich.

Jimmy Dean sausage....hot version, egg & cheese.

Started up the coals around noon.

Cooking a corned beef brisket for some hopped-up Reubens later on.

Hit it with Killer Hogs "The A.P. Rub", ground pepper and the spice pack that came with the corned beef.

Filled in the rest of the firebox for a slow cook and added some pellets for good smoke and let it ride at 275-ish for a couple hours.

Looked like it was well underway and I didn't want to overpower this one with smoke. Added a couple beers and foiled it at this point.

Well, all the pieces/parts managed to fit into the chosen pot and now it's just simmer time...

Dub, I'd gladly trade you a big bowl-full for a half of one of those souped-up Ruebens!! I bet they are gonna be suuummmm good!

Attachments

• 0114181511a.jpg
    0114181511a.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 316

naildrvr

Y'all got everything going right nicely. That's gonna be some good eatin',!!

Dub

Well, all the pieces/parts managed to fit into the chosen pot and now it's just simmer time...

Dub, I'd gladly trade you a big bowl-full for a half of one of those souped-up Ruebens!! I bet they are gonna be suuummmm good!

Chili looking great !!!!!!

I'm about to take the corned beef off the grill and get the other sides rolling along.

Y'all got everything going right nicely. That's gonna be some good eatin',!!

Gorgeous day outside today.

High of 45 here today....sunny & zero wind.

Was finally able to get wife's car washed & cleaned up properly after taking it on vacation two weeks ago. BBQ & car washing mate up well.

Dub

Well......it would seem that every team I pull for is done.

Vikings pulled off a last play wonder......

Oh well. Gotta eat, right ?

Stuffed jalapeños

Stuffed portabellas.....

Stuffed baked potato......my favorite of the night, actually.

Butter, sour cream, cheddar & bacon on top of a well seasoned skin.

Sammiches were on point.

Victory was achieved today, though......my nephew fired up his new WSM that we gave him for Christmas and cooked ribs on his maiden voyage.

He called me afterwards and we talked about his cook.

He said he ran it from 200-250.....4.5 hours......and liked everything but the wood choice. He used cherry and asked me what to use next time, lol.

Having a conversation with him about smoking woods was supercool.

Last edited:

breathe in

food all looks good, guys.

i made som chix parm w/ side spaghetti.

buttermilk pie. had some leftover mix so i threw it in a soup crock, probably throw some vanilla ice cream with it. :clap:

Jnsrmux.jpg

0jkEV96.jpg

yesterday for the falcons game made a blackened pork chop, sweet potato, roasted veg and some corn.

iUUsTyV.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awesome food and the pic quality is outstanding in this thread!!! I have been traveling and pretty lazy lately. Gotta step up my game for sure!!!!

Dub

food all looks good, guys.

i made som chix parm w/ side spaghetti.

buttermilk pie. had some leftover mix so i threw it in a soup crock, probably throw some vanilla ice cream with it. :clap:

Jnsrmux.jpg

0jkEV96.jpg

yesterday for the falcons game made a blackened pork chop, sweet potato, roasted veg and some corn.

iUUsTyV.jpg

Every single bit of that looks delicious.

I've gotta try a pair of those buttermilk pies today !!!

Awesome food and the pic quality is outstanding in this thread!!! I have been traveling and pretty lazy lately. Gotta step up my game for sure!!!!

I know what you mean about the traveling & missing playing with grills. It sure is fun getting back into the swing of things.

Looking forward to seeing what you start off with. :banana:

naildrvr

Man y'all knocked it outta the park!!
Dub, tell your nephew congrats on his first rib cook. That's cool to be smoking at an early age. Everyone should know how to cook. And if he's anything like Uncle Dub he'll have that WSM running smoothly in no time. Looks like you may have some stiff competition!!:biggrin3:

Dub

Man y'all knocked it outta the park!!
Dub, tell your nephew congrats on his first rib cook. That's cool to be smoking at an early age. Everyone should know how to cook. And if he's anything like Uncle Dub he'll have that WSM running smoothly in no time. Looks like you may have some stiff competition!!:biggrin3:

Thank you.

He's an awesome kid.

He and his dad camp a lot since he's gotten big into Scouts.

Currently working on his cooking merit badge, which I was unaware of when I got him the WSM. Great timing, it seems.

I can't be there to cook for them as often as I'd like.....this will be even better, though....gonna coach him up with some basic family recipes my tribe enjoys and then see what he comes up with on his own.

Gonna get him on some pulled pork right away.

dfhooked

Man that all looks great. Dub your nephew will enjoy learning your tricks to the pit. My crew wanted roast beef Po Boys for the saints game so put a chuck roast in the crock pot for the day. About 2 hours to go i tossed 8 duck breasts on top for me to have a duck Po boy. We also had some oyster artichoke soup.

Attachments

• 6C746C52-35AC-45EA-80A9-0213A72E07CF.jpeg
    6C746C52-35AC-45EA-80A9-0213A72E07CF.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 121
  • C9BB221A-7224-45D9-B3F7-E0F7F6F58C59.jpeg
    C9BB221A-7224-45D9-B3F7-E0F7F6F58C59.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 121
  • A0483A1B-8750-4A9A-825E-8F0C07362A32.jpeg
    A0483A1B-8750-4A9A-825E-8F0C07362A32.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 122

Dub

Lord have mercy, DFHOOKED.

That looks insanely good.

Oyster & artichoke soup is my favorite soup. Local place nails it righteously. Never have reverse engineered it to learn to make it myself.