Fed Hwt 7

fountain

For those that love the Fed heavyweight 7s, you may want to stock up on them. As federal heads into loading tss, word is getting around that the heavyweights will be discontinued. Midway already has them listed as discontinued.

deast1988

Heavy weight is wicked, little #7s if set up correctly 45/50 with a 20 that outperforms some 12gas.

I think it falls into if it's not broke don't fix it. I have around 10boxes ready for an 870youth of mine. I'll pick up a few more to tuck back aswell.

But if they are in TSS or even a heavier HeavyWeight I'm interested to see what it'll do.

Thanks for the heads up.

fountain

Tss is superior to most anything available to hunt turkeys with at the moment. I was just making it known that the hwt 7 shells will be discontinued. I don't shoot them, but I know a lot have set guns up for them for several years now and they had a good following as the best 20 ga load available commercially. With the new tss loads coming, also comes new and higher prices. Some are not going to want to spend roughly $10/box more for the same quantity of shells, no matter how good they are. I've been hand loading since 2012(and will continue to do so), so I really don't care either way.
Personally, I'm looking forward to trying the new loads from federal, apex and nitro. Commercial loaded 410 tss is becoming available as well and will be a great addition to the game

hawglips

Banned

fountain

My point is, some are not going to pay the extra $$ and will want to stock with the feds.

Tss is superior, and that's where I will be staying. I am just pasdiung info and trying to help others that may not be aware

hawglips

Banned
I'm eager to see how Federal's new 12 ga FCW is going to handle TSS. I suspect it'll be good...

QuackAttack101

Anyone know if commercial TSS loads will be available before the season comes in? Debating whether or not to grab some Fed #7's for this year or just hold out for TSS.

deast1988

Only I've seen is backorderable on cabelas. I've seen some test where #7 tss by federal is doing 190s that new wad they use seems to have stepped up the shot count over the heavy weight wad system.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Has anyone seen federal tss on shelves yet?
Any idea of the price?