Ice? No problem, Idiots? Big problems

Cmp1

BANNED
The main thing I see people having a hard time with is refusing to slow down, or not using some gear besides "D" with the overdrive still on. 4wd doesn't make you safe to drive 50mph on a snow covered road.

Having driven both here and up there, I will say that southern snow is usually a lot slicker and harder to drive in than that dry yankee cornmeal snow, too.

I'd much rather drive in wet snow,,,, especially with a 4x4,,,, dry snow compacts and is slicker,,,,

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The ice isn't a problem. The problem is all the people from "up Nord" who move down here and tell us we don't know how to drive on snow and they do only that isn't snow Mr. up Nord, it's ice.:bounce:

BeerThirty

we got all of 2 inches near Newnan and moments ago they literally just cancelled schools for the third day in a row. how pathetic

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd much rather drive in wet snow,,,, especially with a 4x4,,,, dry snow compacts and is slicker,,,,

You haven't encountered a foot of 38* wet slime yet. :) Or the 3" of snow with the half-inch of solid ice under it because it started as rain. :)

Cmp1

BANNED
You haven't encountered a foot of 38* wet slime yet. :) Or the 3" of snow with the half-inch of solid ice under it because it started as rain. :)

Yeah,,,, I've got 20 cinder blocks in the bed of my truck,,,, longbed,,,, for traction for plowing,,,, we've probably only got about 10in total this year,,,, we're going to be going through the thaw freeze cycles this week,,,, but we can see the grass and the driveway now,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah,,,, I've got 20 cinder blocks in the bed of my truck,,,, longbed,,,, for traction for plowing,,,, we've probably only got about 10in total this year,,,, we're going to be going through the thaw freeze cycles this week,,,, but we can see the grass and the driveway now,,,,

Durn, we've probably already had 20" total here this year, at least. Figured y'all would be way ahead.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

That's a good thing. I think.:biggrin2:

Meriwether Mike

The car buried up into the house on the news had New York plates. How ironic?

Cmp1

BANNED
Durn, we've probably already had 20" total here this year, at least. Figured y'all would be way ahead.

The lake effect has been hitting hard north of us,,,, kinda missing us this year,,,, the snow cover is actually good for the perienals and our fruits,,,,

Oldstick

Had at least two traffic deaths around Macon due to ice on the bridges. Like someone mentioned, they look at the road in front of the house, it looks fine, so that means there's no ice anywhere.