Trading for a 9mm

Hdmarty

I need help with this gun, what is it?
Moderators-- Sorry if this is in the wrong forum....
Just tell me where in the future....

Thanks,
Marty

Attachments

• Eddies 9mm.jpg
    Eddies 9mm.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 14,848

VHinch

Looks like a Norinco 213, but the safety looks wrong.

steelhorses

Tokarev 7.62x25 maybe not the grip looks different.

tokarev-006986.jpg

b00mer

Banned
cz52

Billrube

Banned
That's Norinco build Tokarev style pistol in 9mm luger caliber.

Usually they are good shooters. Nothing fancy but they will put lead downrange.

steve9616

Some Toks & clones were rechambered in 9x19 by their importers (Century, etc). Very strong guns - the 7.62x25 is a beast.

steve9616

9x19 is what's usually called a 9mm, 9mm Luger, or 9mm Parabellum.

9mm Makarov is 9x18.

.380 ACP (9mm Browning, 9mm Short, 9mm Kurz) is 9x17.

The 19, 18, and 17 refer to the case length. Also, 9 Makarov is slightly fatter, about 9.2mm IIRC.

BRASSRING HOOD

well it could be a sks if u want it to with baynoet&strap hint hint hint.it actually is a norinco star1939 model

steve9616

Or you could save time and just call it a Norinco Type 54. (Thanks to Alan)

MAKE: Norinco
MODEL: Type 54-1
MADE: China
CALIBER: 9mm Luger & 7.62mm Tokarev
SERIAL NUMBER: 39004132
YEAR MADE: 1994
TYPE: medium frame single action semi-automatic (8-round) detachable magazine cartridge pistol
REMARKS: American John "Browning 1903" basic design in a reliable Russian bureau manager Fedor Tokarev improved, Chinese built, military style handgun. Tokarev pistols served from 1930 until being replaced by the 1961 introduced Makarov variants. Russian aftermarket interchangeable 7.62x25mm chromed barrel & magazine, replaced standard "Tokagypt" grips with Russian no-star versions. I have most parts of a Norinco 213 (1993 Vientiane carry piece), same weapon but the 8-round mags don't interchange. They're superb! Despite Norinco's own claim of a 3,000 round service life. The modern Chinese steel is strong enough for any hot 9mm pistol ammo, long light slide and large rear sight makes it easy to chamber a round by sliding against a belt or pants, allows a safe "condition three" carry with rapid deployment. Ideally a round should be carried in the chamber, but that's only safe on the larger more refined (and more expensive) Browning 1911. Marked: 99 (factory code). Import mark: A.C.C. INT'L/INTRAC, KNOXVILLE, TN 54-1 9mmx19 MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO.

Click for more pics

timetohunt

9x19 is what's usually called a 9mm, 9mm Luger, or 9mm Parabellum.

9mm Makarov is 9x18.

.380 ACP (9mm Browning, 9mm Short, 9mm Kurz) is 9x17.

The 19, 18, and 17 refer to the case length. Also, 9 Makarov is slightly fatter, about 9.2mm IIRC.

Good to know. Thanks.

wildcatt

norinco

I have one in 30 mauser,yes I know its called a 7.63 X 25.
but my russian freind was in army and he called them all 30 mauser.the ones with a safety are inports,the others I dont know.and you could get a barrel for 30/9/and 38acp.I have the 9/30 missed getting the 38acp. :huh:

nda5150

VHINCH is right. It's a 213B.

They all came into the country in 1988, but sat around warehouses for the next eight years going out to stores... I worked at a shop in HS (1993-4) and we could still get them "new" from distributors. "New" is, of course, a relative word: Pop those big, fat grips off and I'll bet you see a 1967 manufacture date on the frame.

steve9616

Not copy of Mak - copy of Tok. Mak is Bizarro copy of Walther PP.

Dangski, I wonder if blowback 7.62x25 would be more danger to shooter than target...

Make short work of moose and squirrel for sure. ;)

nda5150

Not copy of Mak - copy of Tok. Mak is Bizarro copy of Walther PP.

Dangski, I wonder if blowback 7.62x25 would be more danger to shooter than target...

Make short work of moose and squirrel for sure. ;)

With anything less than a level IIA vest, the moose and squirrel are borscht.

Mine's got hardly any recoil at all with the "standard" loads not jacked up for SMG use. It's loud, though... there's no doubt that those things are leaving at a high rate of speed.

CHICOM T-54