Nascar to race on dirt???

specialk

i guess there will be someone coming along to slam nascar about this...usually is.....can't please everybody.......oh well....

Possible Truck Series race on the dirt at Eldora UPDATE2: NASCAR may be considering adding a dirt race at Eldora Speedway to its Truck Series schedule. Multiple sources within the series said they've been told a dirt track could be added to the schedule in 2013. Sources also said a Richard Childress Racing truck was prepared for a test at Eldora, owned by three-time Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart. The test was scheduled to take place Monday or Tuesday, the sources said. Officials at Eldora could not be reached for comment. Stewart has been asking NASCAR to add a race at his half-mile track in Rossburg, Ohio, for several years. It is the site of his annual Prelude to the Dream charity event. NASCAR officials declined to address specifically whether Eldora was under consideration for a truck race, but the series is looking at potential venues it hasn't been to before. "We've made several site visits over the past few months to look at possible future venues for our Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series," spokesman Kerry Tharp said on Tuesday. "We expect the 2013 schedules for both of those series to be finished up and released within the next couple of weeks."(ESPN.com)(10-17-2012) UPDATE: Stewart comments: "The rumor about the Trucks, trust me I would be ecstatic if we could get any NASCAR race at Eldora that would be great. I have talked to NASCAR they have been looking at all kinds of different tracks. It has been brought up in conversation but that is about as far as it has come right now."(Team Chevy Racing PR)(10-19-2012)
UPDATE2: The NASCAR Truck Series will race next season on the half-mile dirt track at Eldora Speedway near Rossburg, Ohio, multiple sources confirmed. An official announcement of the move could come as early as Wednesday. The race would be the first on dirt for any of NASCAR's three national series  Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Trucks - in its "modern era." The track, owned by Cup driver #14-Tony Stewart, does not have energy-absorbing SAFER barriers installed and no permanent medical facility on property. Sources said NASCAR is expected to waive its policy  adapted beginning in 2005  that SAFER barriers be installed at all oval tracks hosting its three national series. Why NASCAR is willing to make an exception in this case is unclear.(Charlotte Observer)(11-13-2012)

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Finally making an attempt to get back to thier roots. Hope it works out, but I am withholding judgement until it is run.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
As a younger man I enjoyed many a night at the bullrings in South Georgia, like ThunderBowl, 75 speedway in Valdosta, watching the Jones brothers, the Mcdonald brothers and Sam McQuagg race on dirt. You are right dont think I ever saw a bad one.

kracker

Gone, but not Forgotten
I grew up at the dirt track. I aint never seen a bad race on dirt.:cool:

Exactly, put their precious little candyazzes out there and make them prove they can handle sideways action every corner.:banana:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Exactly, put their precious little candyazzes out there and make them prove they can handle sideways action every corner.:banana:

We know that Smoke can, dont know about some of those other dudes.:hair:

Georgia Hard Hunter

I think they should race the Cup cars on dirt, it would at least be anything but boring. Seriously dirt is where NASCAR came from they should honor that and race at least one race in every division on dirt.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think they should race the Cup cars on dirt, it would at least be anything but boring. Seriously dirt is where NASCAR came from they should honor that and race at least one race in every division on dirt.

They have left everything else behind that made them great why would they revive dirt?

JCBANJO02

yall want to watch something wild find out if they still cover Bristol with dirt and run dirt cars on it. we went back in 99 or 2000 when they ran the sprint cars on it. Man was it a blast to watch!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
yall want to watch something wild find out if they still cover Bristol with dirt and run dirt cars on it. we went back in 99 or 2000 when they ran the sprint cars on it. Man was it a blast to watch!

I think they quit that because of the expense.