Why does some of our law enforcement do this?

Juiceb23

Well I for one am not too fond of double standards, if we tailgate a leo what's gonna happen? He will probably slow so you pass then write you a ticket for following too closely. I have had bad experiences with deer jumpng out in front of me and will not hesitate to use my brakes.

j_seph

You are a LEO, and yet you see no problem with 70 MPH with a car length or less between you and the other car. I gurantee if he hit the brakes the SP would not get stoped w/o incident

Well I for one am not too fond of double standards, if we tailgate a leo what's gonna happen? He will probably slow so you pass then write you a ticket for following too closely. I have had bad experiences with deer jumpng out in front of me and will not hesitate to use my brakes.

I would not use the deer trick with a big rig behind you. It could be the last trick in your bag.

I was leaving Atl. on 75 south 55 mph zone doing about 70 mph, there was a cop with me and five other autos behind him, some moron tooling around in the left lane in a panel van, with traffic going around on the right.
The cop throws the blues on the van and the van merges over into the right lane and we all go our way.
I wish he would have given the van a ticket for obstructing the flow of traffic.

"Only morons ride in any lane with traffic going around them on the right side."

duckdawgdixie

You are a LEO, and yet you see no problem with 70 MPH with a car length or less between you and the other car. I gurantee if he hit the brakes the SP would not get stoped w/o incident

First he's not an Leo he's a parole officer big difference second the only reason I can see for him doing that is he's running the tag or trying to get them to move so he can get by

merc123

My favorite story was seeing a Sheriff (not even in his county) on the highway. He was crusing doing 55 in a 65 limit. EVERYONE was behind him doing 55. Went past him doing 65 with no issues... Not a single person got out of line to speed up. What's with idiots?

I haven't seen any speedlimit signs that say 65, 40 in presence of law enforcement.

j_seph

First he's not an Leo he's a parole officer big difference second the only reason I can see for him doing that is he's running the tag or trying to get them to move so he can get by
My bad, thought he was
This trooper was on my butt and others that morning. He went on following like this until he got to the exist to go to the SP headqaurters

specialk

simple, red light just came on at krispy kreme.....

leroy

Looks like GSP car to me:huh: There is a curve right before my house every morning around 7 you can hear a GSP kick in the 4 barrell as he rounds it running at what appears to be faster than 55.

merc123

Looks like GSP car to me:huh: There is a curve right before my house every morning around 7 you can hear a GSP kick in the 4 barrell as he rounds it running at what appears to be faster than 55.

He was talking about one of the posters is a PO and not LEO.

GSP cars have EFI...no carbs so no 4-barrel :biggrin2:

FX Jenkins

I thought GSP was from canada ..

Lindseys Grandpa

Probably just not paying attention just like the cars in front of him. They are doing the same thing despite the fact there is a marked patrol car behind them. Its the number 1 cause of wrecks for a reason.

meatseeker

he's doing it because he can! I watched eight gsp go through fairmount a few months ago going 55mph nose to tail right by the local police setting there running radar. I slowed down to 35 because I know they will bust you there in a heartbeat. Why do politicians lie, cause they can. He can do it because there's no one to stop him.

FX Jenkins

I do believe he's doing the old, slide up behind em and push em out of the way without turning on the lights trick, for whatever reason they don't have to give, double standard thingy....

Probably just not paying attention just like the cars in front of him.

and if he's not paying attention thats even worse...

duckdawgdixie

I was referring to the poster Joseph quoted

merc123

I hope police tailgate me and I hope that something causes me to stop suddenly. Bam...free aftermarket bumper :)

leroy

He was talking about one of the posters is a PO and not LEO.

GSP cars have EFI...no carbs so no 4-barrel :biggrin2:

gotcha sorry! whatever hes got you can hear him kick it in as he comes out of the curve i dont have to look up i know who it is before i see him!!

turtlebug

The next time they're on your behind, watch em real close because in this town, they're running your tag and when they take off like a rocket, it means they're moving on to look for the next target. ;)