Bill of sale on Jon Boat?

Chas

What is the process in the sale of a Jon Boat? Anyone got a bill of sale I can use? It will include boat, trolling motor, and trailer? I live in Alabama so the boat has to be registered which it was when I bought it, but we don't need tags on the trailer...

I, (seller's name), sold to (buyer's name) a

a. (boat, with name, size, HIN (on right rear) and state reg. number
b. (outboard motor, make, HP, serial no.)
c. (trailer, make, serial number, tag no.)

Date

Sellers name
Address

Lawnmowerman

I, (seller's name), sold to (buyer's name) a

a. (boat, with name, size, HIN (on right rear) and state reg. number
b. (outboard motor, make, HP, serial no.)
c. (trailer, make, serial number, tag no.)

Date

Sellers name
Address

Don't hurt to have:

d. Witness:

e. Notary:

Confederate_Jay

... and price paid.

Don't hurt to have:

d. Witness:

e. Notary:

Doesn't add a thing to the legality of the document, and is a bother, but if it makes you feel good go ahead.

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px; width: 507px; height: 243px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr title="Post 2246688" valign="top"><td class="alt1"><table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px; width: 371px; height: 34px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr title="Post 2246361" valign="top"><td class="alt2" align="center" width="125">
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td class="alt1"> ... and price paid.</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

That will came in handy when they send ya the personal property tax form to fill out!!:bounce: </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="thead" colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr title="Post 2246361" valign="top"> <td class="alt2" align="center" width="125">
</td> <td class="alt1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Again, totally unnecessary. If it makes you feel good do it. That tax thing works both ways.

firefighterfree

You can go to Wal-Mart and buy a 2 part General Purpose Sales Order Book you can find them i the school and stationary supplies and you can have recipt for you and buyer. Plus be sure to get it noterized as well DNR will kick is back if the Bill of Sale is not notorized

The AmBASSaDEER

mine wasnt notorized, and it was all good

I've bought and sold several utility trailers and boats with and without trailers. I've always just given/gotten a bill of sale with no witnesses or notorization. I've never had any trouble registering the ones I've bought, and I've never had a buyer call me back having any trouble registering one I've sold.

SamIam

I agree with Dead Eye Eddy, in fact I've scratched a bill of sale on a bar napkin before and had no problem! Yeah I got a really good deal on that boat!

Boudreaux

I hate to disagree, but that is simply not true.

I had to have my bill of sale notarized to register a boat I bought. DNR would not give me a number otherwise.

I think it may have been that I purchased if from the 2nd owner who never registered it, although the first owner had. 2nd owner did not know the number, so DNR required me to have the bill of sale notarized.