What handgun will you use this year?

ThatredneckguyJamie

I feel I owe it to myself to kill a deer with the G40 first since I bought it just for that purpose...but that Ruger Bisley is calling my name lol

ngabowhunter

I'll be carrying my .44 Super Blackhawk Hunter that my wife and daughter bought me for my 44th birthday last March. I loaded up some 240 grn Hornady XTPs with 23 grn, 23.5 grn, and 24 grn of H110 yesterday and tried them out today. The 23.5 grn shot the best at 50 yards for me (minus the flyer). Super Blackhawk Hunter.jpg

Reactions: Dub

biggdogg

Ruger SBH .44 mag, 7.5" stainless shooting Winchester 240gr jacketed soft points. I'm hoping to get my first with a hand gun this season.

mdgreco191

Ruger SRH .44 mag with a 7.5" Stainless barrel. Couple that with a Nikon Force 4-12x and loaded with Winchester white box 240gr SP's.

I have been wanting to take this bad boy out for 2 years and I am committed to doing it this year!

deast1988

I rotate but all 3 ready to roll.

6.8spc Contender 110gr TSX
Model 29 240gr XTP
7mm/08 Encore 139gr InterLock

pacecars

Encore in .338 Federal amongst several 10mms and a .480 Ruger

Permitchaser

I guess my 45 ACP is legal for deer but I bow hunt mostly and its not allowed to take a gun while bow hunting
I like all those pistols in the previous post

Bushwhacker

SBH 7 & 1/2" WITH A Tasco red dot, really a Tasco. Old thing is tuff. Had it on a 10 gauge NEF turkey gun at one time. Need to drag out my Security Six and kill something with it.

rwg

Going to start with an Encore with 15" 338winmag barrel for my stands with a potential long range shot. For the short range stands it's going to be a Contender with a 15.75" 41GNR#2 barrel.

Will be using my .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk - Iron Sights -
with Buffalo Bore 260 gr. JHP (1450 fps) for deer and the bigger 325 gr. LFN for bear.

These new Pachmayr grips should help on the recoil a good bit versus the stock walnut grips I just replaced.

Worked out very well Saturday morning. I have owned that pistol for 31 years and finally drew blood with it. Lung shot went clear through. 7 pointer with not very impressive antler growth. Good for behind my house though.

Iron sights at about 25 to 30 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 222

JiminSC

S&w 629

My S&W 5" 629 Classic. Wanted to try the Dan Wesson 10mm Silverback but just felt more comfortable with the 44 Magnum...
and it worked.

Attachments

• Handgun Buck 2017.jpg
    Handgun Buck 2017.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 199

rosewood

Got a kill with the Contender .357mag. Swapping to the 7mm TCU barrel with my own cast boolits now. Hope to take one with it also.

rosewood

Going to start with an Encore with 15" 338winmag barrel...

Are you nuts? I don't even like shooting it in a rifle. Developing loads and sighting in has to be brutal. I have a .270 barrel and a 7mm-08 also that are more than capable of the long range shots, I don't need that kind of punishment.

Be sure to post some pics when you get one.

Rosewood