Bassmasters Fantasy 2018

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
@61BelAir.. tell Shannon that it's open and she / we can start making picks for the Classic now. Congrats to all that played this round, especially ACEHUNTER.

DeepweR

I used to fish 3 Tourneys in row at Sinclair starting in early February and running til' early March for years. Most of those tourneys it's a 25-28lb. sack to win.
Have placed in the money a whole lot of times and have had 2nd Big fish money. Caught my biggest Bass from public water there along with lot's of 4-5-6 lb. fish. Have had to dip rod in water to un-freeze the eyes on my rods, but yet still catch large fish in 2-3 ft. water on man made structure.
The secret??? Fish down stream and across the lake where the warm water steam plant creek dumps into the river and warms the temps up and big bass get hungry early to fatten up for the spawn!
Of course you remember they changed the flow of the steam plant due to fish die-offs in the too warm water near the plant. It still fishes good maybe not as good as it used to be, but will still be warmer and nice fish gotta eat.
After March it's like fish a summertime pond, too warm.
And that's a fact Jack! It is slam full of catfish too some nice ones, but especially the little squealers that I like!

Power plant is gone now!

61BelAir

@61BelAir.. tell Shannon that it's open and she / we can start making picks for the Classic now.
If we have internet at home tonight we'll get it done. Ours is out again.....it usually goes when we have a lot of rain. Small price to pay for living out in the country. :flag:

Power plant is gone now!

Exactly!! Everyone says it's a whole new ball game at Sinclair now. Even though I've lived here all my life, I never really fished the lake so I don't have to adjust from the good ole days. Instead I just have to adjust to things being different from fishing the river or ponds and small lakes.

I went out last night and caught 7. My best 5 might have been a decent sack at Lake Martin apparently. LOL Biggest one was about 3 1/2, but I didn't weigh them. Conditions were great, but the fog was so thick I didn't really get to fish places I wanted to. That was my first time being on the lake at night in fog. It rolled in thick AFTER I had gotten a long way from the ramp. I wish I'd realized how bad it would be.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
24 days till the Classic. The pundits haven't put in their 2 cents worth yet (they're wrong about 75% of the time anyway) on the fantasy site, but I just thought I'd bump this back up before it get's pushed off the front page. Good picks to all.

Teh Wicked

Im in...I don't ever watch Bassmasters anything...I will occasionally watch FLW stuff. But what the heck...Im in, I will lose big time most likely.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Glad to have Ya'll on with us. Don't worry about loosing bad, it's better than "almost" winning.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
How did everybody do? I am a 87.6

I'm about normal at 51.9%, but ACEHunter is the "Ace" so far at only 280pts. out of 1st place and beating me by 147. The pundits have posted their picks now with 18 days left. FLW will be on Lanier weekend after next for those that might want to check out their weigh ins.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Good luck.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Sabine River Elites postponed till 6/7-10 2018 do to safety concerns with rough weather.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Congrats to Greentiger32 for getting REAL close this week and to Zmarzly for pulling in close to the top of the charts, just 213 out of 1st place. Keep it up. Don't forget that this time of year they fish fast and the next tourny starts on Thursday so get your picks in. Tight Lines.