Lion Hunt Video

dbodkin

Looked like the lion was fenced in to me... seemed like he was looking for an escape route until he was wounded and then charged. Lucky no one was killed with all the gun fire....

Vectorman

You might be right about the fence. After reviewing it a second time I noticed the fence post behind the lion. Not to sporting is it. :mad:

Vectorman

I'm going to change the name of this to How "not" to shoot a lion. What a bunch of idiots.

Last edited:

Ben Athens

That video has been around a while . I asked a guy in a booth at the fisharama to turn it off. He got mad at me . I then explained that he was not doing hunters any favors by showing it . It is a canned hunt IMO and the kind of stuff that 60 minutes loves to run about hunting .

Ben.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
It has been around fro a while. Lucky people. They should not have been hunting an enclosure.

LKennamer

They were lucky in a lot of ways...

The shooter was lucky he nailed the right shoulder with his first shot or he'd probably be missing his face! They are also %$#@! lucky they didn't shoot each other! That one has been around a while, and it does look like a canned hunt. Seems to me the they violated the most important rule of hunting dangerous game....'if it bites, pay the insurance.' (Capstick). If he's still trying to give it a go, better to spend the extra couple dollars on the extra bullets to keep him down. I've always thought it would be a neat experience to hunt big cats, but not in a fence....my .02

Jim McRae

Honestly, I was pulling for the lion when I saw this last year. How people can huntjust inside an enclosure and shoot a animal and call it hunting is beyond me. But then again I come from the "you eat what you shoot" school of hunting and I doubt lion tastes "like chicken".

Jim M.

livetohunt

Those aren't hunters, and we shouldn't call them hunters. I can't post on this forum what I call them.

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Those guys definately werent the brightest individuals. They are really lucky they didnt shoot eachother! Its such a shame to see animals killed inside cages by people that call themselves "hunters". Its like shooting fish in a barrel except the fish dont weigh 800 lbs and have giant sharp fangs and claws!

Sandman619

Dang! I had to look at again but there was a fence there! I mean if they want hunt a lion inside a fence let em do it with a knife :) that would add a degree of difficulty!

Miss Jane

Re: Lion Video

When I saw the lion video, the guy showing it said the lion had got over the fence into a cattle ranch in Africa. All attempts to "scare" him back out had failed and he was killing cattle every night so he had to be shot.
It is an awesome video....scared me silly!!!