What a crappy day

olcaptain

Your post has inspired the olcaptain. I'm gonna try some minnows here along Crooked Creek this week. Stay tuned!!

fish hawk

Bass Master
Thanks everyone,gonna try and go back Wednesday........Best of luck to yall Crappiepappy and Olcaptian

fish hawk

Bass Master
Made it back out on the creek yesterday and as I paddled up on the spot I had caught them the week before I noticed a family of otters in the pool, one was actually sitting on the log I had found them around the week prior,I thought this aint good and sure nuff the crappie weren't there.I tried fishing around the pool in different spots and various depths,they had either been eaten or the otters had them all stirred up and they moved on.I decided to paddle on up the creek to see if I could find any more.I didnt find any crappie but the bass were willing to hit the minnows I had brought along and I managed to do some spotted bass removal and add to the fish fry.As I paddled around a bend I noticed a deer standing on a sand bar when it lifted it's head I saw it was a nice buck and was able to snap a few pics.I was able to watch him for about 3 or 4 minutes before he finally decided it was time to go he looked dead at me a couple of times and didnt seem fazed,it's amazing how close you can get to wild life in a kayak.

Attachments

• DSCN9752.JPG
    DSCN9752.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCN9753.JPG
    DSCN9753.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCN9755.JPG
    DSCN9755.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCN9757.JPG
    DSCN9757.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 480
  • DSCN9758.JPG
    DSCN9758.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 449

fish hawk

Bass Master
A couple more pics I snapped yesterday,it was a beautiful day.In the last picture is one of the otters,He was up on top of the log but before I could get my camera ready he slipped back into the water,they sure are some curious creatures.

Attachments

• DSCN9748.JPG
    DSCN9748.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCN9751.JPG
    DSCN9751.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCN9760.JPG
    DSCN9760.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 444