Boat/.License Requirements for fishing

Can somebody explain to me what I need to be legal to fish watersheds, creeks, and lakes. I do not want to fish WMA lakes, so I shouldn't need a WMA stamp. But, I want to get back into fishing small bodies of waters and rivers.

What do I need to do besides get a license? Do I need to register a small jon boat with an electric motor, etc?

thank you.

jeremyledford

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/628

Above has the info you need.

In short, Yes. If you put a motor on it it better be registered.

Make sure to have your regristraton card, lifejacket, throw cushion (if vessel longer than 16 ft i believe), whistle/horn (check on this), and a fire estinguisher (not sure about electric only), too. I was checked last weekend and while I had everything ready in 2 seconds... the darn officer checked me for all above minus the regristration card. First one I've had that seemed like he'd write a ticket to his own mother.

check for yourself everything i said because 1. it's a good idea. and 2 i'm not familiar with electric only rules.

be sure to have navigation lights if you're fishing from sunset-sunrise.

Andy O

Any boat that is mechanically powered, gas or electric must be registered. It is an easy process, done by mail, and good for three years.

Klag

You can also register your boat online and get a temporary authorization number so you can use the boat immediately while waiting on the DNR to approve your paperwork and send you the decals.

It's good for 60 days.

jeremyledford

You can also register your boat online and get a temporary authorization number so you can use the boat immediately while waiting on the DNR to approve your paperwork and send you the decals.

It's good for 60 days.

Yes. It is very easy to do online or over the phone.