Banks Co

msdins

Thought I would open up a Banks thread. This will be my first year hunting there. Anyone know how the acorn crop is looking so far?

I am on the Banks side of the tri county triangle and have some decent white oak mast so far. Deer coats are changing colors but saw a spike still in velvet yesterday.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I'm excited about huntin the Banks co. doe days this mornin!!!!
Good luck y'all!!!!!

sea trout

Saw a Buck this morning with no shot available.
Will try one more time this evenin to blast a banks co doe

msdins

Just checking in with you fellas. We have so many acorns on the ground it's hard to find movement patterns. No sign of rut yet we saw a couple of does this weekend that were acting like they had no care in the world. No scrapes yet but rubs have picked up. Had a monster on show up on camera one day but he hasn't been back since. Good luck everyone

msdins

Planning out some vacation time around Thanksgiving. You guys think the week leading up to or the week after would be better to catch the rut?

linefuse

I hunt in the Martin Bridge Rd area and the rut had been right around the week after thanksgiving on our place.

sea trout

Yep, around Thanksgiving for us too.
South side of martin bridge exit

Well I will be hunting my farm here in northern Banks county this weekend. Been down south doing some hunting and havent scouted in the last few weeks here. Have i missed the rut or are we still seeing chasing?

sea trout

Well I will be hunting my farm here in northern Banks county this weekend. Been down south doing some hunting and havent scouted in the last few weeks here. Have i missed the rut or are we still seeing chasing?

I havn't seen ANY chasing on south side of Martin bridge exit. Though I haven't been in the stands a WHOLE lot, we have been in them thanksgivin week and weekend.
My bro said he heard some gruntin in the thick stuff thanksgivin mornin but never had a visual.
He said it sounded young and high pitched, BUT, nobody knows for sure without a solid visual....he could of heard a skunk for all we know!!!!
I've seen very few big bucks and does crossin the road in the dark this year. SOOO much fewer than in years past at the end of November!!
Good luck!!!!! :cheers:

Water Swat

Its been a weird year here. been hunting northern banks county for 20 years and this one has been different. A couple chases and some signs of rut last week. Didn't go this weekend though, was out of town.

tree cutter 08

I will agree, strange year. Least rut activity iive ever seen. Only thing I can think of is either full moon week in November was when most action was or drought has something to do with it.

Buford_Dawg

Was fortunate to pick up a small tract of land recently in Banks county, sounds like the rut is at Thanksgiving time frame. Close to the Outlet Mall area. This is close to home, so I can run up there and hunt during the week.