Favorite Lake?

CaptainSolo

Ok, this one is sure to be all over the place, but I'm curious to hear what your favorite lake is. Not only just curious, but might be putting together a bucket list of bass lakes around the country.

What lake do you enjoy fishing the most? What is it about that lake that you like?

Currently, mine is Lake Okeechobee, and simply because it has lots of big bass and it is 100% grass fisherman heaven.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 9.35.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 9.35.28 PM.png
    565.9 KB · Views: 1,288

jocko755

Oneida and Lake Champlain in NY are special. If you can't catch a bass there - throw your fishing poles in the trash.

In GA - I like Carters Lake.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
I've only ever fished freshwater in GA, so I'd have to give it to the west point area or Jackson. Honestly, I prefer the rivers in those areas, but you can catch any species you want in either place. Largemouth? Yes. Stripers or hybrids? Sure. Crappie? Yep. Catfish or carp? Absolutely. I've even caught yellow perch in both places and grass pickerel in Jackson.

greg_n_clayton

If you are talking of all fish species, it depends on which is targeted that day !!

Silver Bullet

Erie. Cause a 4# smallie can pull a 7# largemouth backwards.
SB

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Lake Seminole, because I hunt it, fish it, take baths in it, and live on it part of the year.

JWT

Lac la Biche & slave lake in alberta Canada , 4 foot pike & musky all day long in the middle of nowhere

fishtail

What was Pond #4 in Fort Stewart. By definition it was a lake till they permently removed the spillways planks.
15lb bass were pretty regular there but I loved the Copperhead Bluegills and Blackcats.
Second would be the St. John's River below Lake George (Fla).

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fontana in NC. I like it because of the variety. Good smallmouth, largemouth, spots, white bass, walleye, musky, crappie, channel and flathead catfish, bream, rainbow and brown trout, yellow perch, and probably more that I'm forgetting. The whole north shore is national park and undeveloped, which makes it quite scenic, also.

spkoli

Lake Winnipesaukee in NH for the Small Mouth and Lakers.