Fishing piers of south Lake Lanier?

fishinknots

I used to do some night fishing at fishing piers in state parks or county fishing lakes before I moved to metro ATL area about 6 months ago.

Does anyone care to share any locations of piers near south portion of Lake Lanier? So it'd be within an hour of driving from where I live. I did some research myself and found Warhill park has a good one but just a bit far. Does any of West Bank, Tri-county, Buford parks have one?

It's just a bit tiring to drive about 1.5 hour to WP like I did two days ago at night when I had to kill the itch......

Thanks, I'd really appreciate any recommendations.

shakey gizzard

Its funny you say that, because Ive always thought Lanier needed a good pier with lots of structure/brush piles . Maybe we should start a pier coalition!:huh:

Shankopotamus

There is a "pier" located to the left of East Bank boat ramp. It's not a pier in the traditional sense, being that it does not extend far out from the bank. It is rather large, just wider than it is long.
I'm not sure if you access it from the ramp or from an adjacent park.

fishinknots

Thanks for the info. I will stop by and check it out, also do a little scouting of the entire area tomorrow. Considering the driving distance, I'd probably still go to Lake Lanier instead of going west for other lakes.

The one I used to go to (still go sometimes now whenever I got a chance) is a T-shaped pier, about 40yd long and 30yd wide. It also has these structures including Christmas trees and concrete blocks put in by the state park. The water is about 25ft in summer and 12ft in winter. I've fished there for the past ten years. I watched it getting rebuilt bigger, getting installed with lights, getting decorated with structures. Guess those are hard to come by..... ^^"

Last edited:

fishinknots

No wonder there's not many piers around. You guys have great bank fishing environments at Lanier. I was so excited to see all those banks. Although some of the parks will not be open until 4/11, I am already impressed.....