Deep fried ham hocks

Tugboat1

I just got back from Germany and had this twice. It's a southern Germany specialty called Schweine Haxn. They take a ham hock, slice around it and deep fry it. Serious pork eating is all I can say. Closest thing to southern cookin I came across. I think I'm gonna try this at home injected with some cajun seasoning.

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good stuff,had some when I was in Germany.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
i could get down right intimate with that and a bottle of hot sauce!!! :cool: :fine:

must.............. refrain.............. must.............not.................nooooooooooooooo ::gone:

Stumper

I had that in Germany also back in the late 80's, looks awesome! since you refreshed my memory, I think I'll go to the store and buy some ham hocks!

pnome

drooling_homer-1.gif

Tugboat1

Look at the last picture -- bi ol' ham hock and looks like a half liter of Lowenbrau -- sleepy time for sure.

Absolutely! ... considering that meal had another beer, dessert and a plum schnapps as well. I was visiting my cousin who is a big ol' boy, 6' 5", 300 + and ate more than anyone I have ever seen. A dinner with him could last three hours. This was the schnitzel he had at that meal.
IMG_2706.JPG