Who carries a few swatter rounds?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Not lead, but small steel #6 or #7 rounds for cripples? I have found they are cheap and worth the effort, but some will say shoot whatever you have in the gun and not worth the hassle, 8 shots later, they tell me to get em with mine.

turky93

As long as I'm just hunting with steel, all my rounds are the same.
When I'm using my $25 per box heavier than lead shells, I always tote some extra steel with me in the event of a cripple.

turky93

I consider reaching into my bag, grabbing and chambering a steel round, and shooting a swimmer with that round to be a whole lot less hassle than keeping up with a dog.

emusmacker

I shoot a Kicks High Flyer and don't many cripples. When I do, it certainly don't take me 8 shots.

ThunderRoad

Banned
I consider reaching into my bag, grabbing and chambering a steel round, and shooting a swimmer with that round to be a whole lot less hassle than keeping up with a dog.

You're forgetting the whole "retrieve" part...killing the bird is only the beginning.

wray912

I just shoot the cheap one to start with no sense in spending 25 a box when you can do it for 12 a box

Keeping up with a dog is nothing compared to when you can watch all your time and money swimming out to do what y'all have been working on all summer. It's half the hunt.

turky93

Keeping up with a dog is nothing compared to when you can watch all your time and money swimming out to do what y'all have been working on all summer. It's half the hunt.

I'm not down playing the fun of hunting with a good dog, as I
have had the enjoyment of doing it a few times.
Just saying that personally the time and money that needs to be spent on a duck dog isn't there for me, so I'll keep water swatting at retrieving my own birds.

the most carnage i had on a hunt last year was with "swatter" rounds. had sixes left over from teal and they worked extremely well on wood ducks

Gaducker

I just shoot turkey loads...................

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
zara spook and a zebco 33?

Until you hook into a big can that is belly up and that gamkasu trebble sinks in, makes for an interesting fight when you have large ice flows on the Potomac;)

As far as shooting a lot to finish one, guess none has taken a buffle head on the water, that low profile makes them harder to hit than most.:shoot: