Zephaniah's prophecy.

gordon 2

There's nothing new under the sun... With that said I am sola scriptura. I am somewhat skeptical of men, especially men that want stature in any organization.

Well I respect and envy your point view. But I don't get that you are answering my questions. And not that you have to, but do I get that you are avoiding answering...???

hobbs27

Well I respect and envy your point view. But I don't get that you are answering my questions. And not that you have to, but do I get that you are avoiding answering...???

Gordon. I don't think anyone can rightfully call themselves orthodox unless they have never changed their beliefs from the end of the Old covenant.

What is its purpose? To boast of tradition? How can one boast of tradition if they no longer completely reflect what they once were?

It is of no use in my mind. Jesus is Lord, we are brothers. Amen?

gordon 2

Gordon. I don't think anyone can rightfully call themselves orthodox unless they have never changed their beliefs from the end of the Old covenant.

What is its purpose? To boast of tradition? ct what they once were? How can one boast of tradition if they no longer completely refle

It is of no use in my mind. Jesus is Lord, we are brothers. Amen?

Ok I see that the tradition you talk about is perhaps a the tradition of doctrine. What I meant by orthodoxy was agreement on what scripture meant by church fathers. It has no boast to it.

For example:

In the creed:

He will come again
to judge the living and the dead.

and

the resurrection of the body,

This I would say this is orthodox belief, and most anything contrary is heresy.

So in this case orthodoxy has changed little if any since the apostles.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by: "How can one boast of tradition if they no longer completely reflect what they once were? " The creeds are basically the same universally since the apostles sat in council due to individual or groups with ( heresies) or ideas that just were not sound according to scripture and experience. Heresies spurred on the creeds.

Brothers yes. Always. Praises to the Lord.

hobbs27

Ok I see that the tradition you talk about is perhaps a the tradition of doctrine. What I meant by orthodoxy was agreement on what scripture meant by church fathers. It has no boast to it.

For example:

In the creed:

He will come again
to judge the living and the dead.

and

the resurrection of the body,

This I would say this is orthodox belief, and most anything contrary is heresy.

So in this case orthodoxy has changed little if any since the apostles.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by: "How can one boast of tradition if they no longer completely reflect what they once were? " The creeds are basically the same universally since the apostles sat in council due to individual or groups with ( heresies) or ideas that just were not sound according to scripture and experience. Heresies spurred on the creeds.

Brothers yes. Always. Praises to the Lord.

I believe He came again and I believe in a resurrection.. I'm orthodox... For whatever that's worth..

gordon 2

I believe He came again and I believe in a resurrection.. I'm orthodox... For whatever that's worth..

Well it is worth that your yes is yes and you no is no. :)

gordon 2

As for myself I wrestle yet and:

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

hobbs27

St. Augustine "The new is in the old concealed; the old is in the new revealed.”

Orthodoxy then.