Kent Hovind

hobbs27

you don't hope to ever be able to pick yourself up with the strength the Lord has given you? that's sad really.
I'm pretty sure he takes great delight in watching his people doing things with the gifts he has given us
w/o calling on him for every little thing under the sun.
take great care with the gifts already given to you and use them often.

My Lord is not distant. If my Lord gives me the tools to do... Then I have done nothing on my own. Why would I want to do without Him?

I can, but that which I have done alone is always a mess.

Artfuldodger

so now we know what God used to design and build the rainbow yes? the way I see it.
not all science is against the creation story, just most it seems.

Would you say that God, the creator, uses science for his creations or that it's just man's way of explaining God's creation?

I like to think God created science and used it for his creations. Like our body systems of pumps, supply and return pipes, filters, valves, pressures, flows, metering devices, orifices, etc.
I think there is more to it than just man making up all of this stuff to explain what the Great Architect of the Universe did. I think that over the years man just discovered and continues to discover God's use of science in his creation.

Therefore as we learn more about DNA, etc. we see that things in the Bible were explained in a way that the present generation understood them. God knew that we think with our mind and that the earth wasn't flat. He presents things to man so that he can see it. Then as man discovers God's science, he can see it a bit differently as once explained.

Just as we learned about the rainbow, we could learn about other creations. Perhaps the Ark of the Covenant would be a big battery that would kill someone the instant they touched it. I'm not saying that God has to use science to make such a thing. What I'm suggesting is, he chose to do so.

Last edited:

ricksconnected

ok that post I agree with. I think God invented science.
if that makes sense. he was/is the greatest scientist/engineer the world will ever see. its just taking us this long to try and catch up our understanding of it all, or get as close as we have anyways.

the thing that gets me is people are also trying to use science to disprove the creation of man and trying to destroy our faith and using sciences to try and do so.

Israel

BANNED
"God invented science"?
Do you mean God has purposed man to see an order in His creation that he may (or may not) acknowledge through the scientific method?

Do some think of God as if saying (and acting according to) "this time I won't use magic, I'll use science"?
God is the mind of all "science", let your mind be set in order of the things in which you speak. Discover in the science of God the effects of righteousness on the material.
One could start with the resurrection, or anywhere, really for that matter, it all leads eventually, to the resurrection.

Big7

The Oracle
post it and i'll read it too.

It's pretty long and it's all there.

You said you would read it so, here it is.

If you want to go to USCCB website, there is a lot more
but it is way more complicated. Not that you are not smart enough to weed through it. :bounce:

Just thought this one cut to the chase.

http://www.catholicdoors.com/courses/discern.htm

Then go HERE:
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a3.htm

It is long. If you don't want to read it all which I suggest you do, skip down to: IN BRIEF

ricksconnected

"God invented science"?
Do you mean God has purposed man to see an order in His creation that he may (or may not) acknowledge through the scientific method?

Do some think of God as if saying (and acting according to) "this time I won't use magic, I'll use science"?
God is the mind of all "science", let your mind be set in order of the things in which you speak. Discover in the science of God the effects of righteousness on the material.
One could start with the resurrection, or anywhere, really for that matter, it all leads eventually, to the resurrection.

I don't think God used "magic" anywhere,
but I honestly don't understand what your saying (asking) in this post.

Israel

BANNED
Science is not a way of creation. It's been used (to my understanding) many times in several posts over the years in that context. As in "sometimes God uses science", as opposed to, let's say, what would then appear (in distinction) as His sovereign will.
Science, in whatever form, relates only to knowledge. It is not a process, except of mind, to acquire information. The sperm fertilizing the egg is not "exercising science", nor is the antibiotic killing pathogens, science as such simply seeks to know the hows based on prior information. The products of such information, though scientifically discovered..."what happens to this wire when the current gets higher?" could lead to the light bulb, but the light bulb itself, and what is taking place therein is not science.

We are told God upholds all things by the word of His power. The observed wire reacts to current only because of this. We needn't speculate as to alternatives being possible that have not been observed...but we do know this as believers, all things are possible with God.
In the strictest sense God does use "His science" of perfect knowledge in all things, but His is not a knowledge come to by observation, hypothesis, theory or need of demonstrable repeatability.
That knowledge is what the believer is called to, and not what parades itself, as Paul wrote

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

ricksconnected

i think maybe you missed my thoughts when I said what I said or maybe I just didn't word it correctly.
now I don't know how to word what I was meaning to say lol.

let me try this,
its through Gods works that we have science to start with.
he gave us the human body, after that there came the sciences there of.
he gave us the earth and all things upon it that creep and craw. there again after that came the sciences of that creation.
not saying that God was a scientist or a magician.
I didn't mean to come across that way if I did.
if it weren't for the Lord Gods creations would be even have science to the degree that we do today? probably not.
I don't even know if this post helps get my point/thoughts across either. :banginghe

Artfuldodger

ok that post I agree with. I think God invented science.
if that makes sense. he was/is the greatest scientist/engineer the world will ever see. its just taking us this long to try and catch up our understanding of it all, or get as close as we have anyways.

the thing that gets me is people are also trying to use science to disprove the creation of man and trying to destroy our faith and using sciences to try and do so.

I agree and changed my post #42 to reflect this. I had said that God knew about science and used it for creation. Actually he created science and used it for creation.

I would say he is the Great Scientist and Architect of the Universe.

Artfuldodger

i think maybe you missed my thoughts when I said what I said or maybe I just didn't word it correctly.
now I don't know how to word what I was meaning to say lol.

let me try this,
its through Gods works that we have science to start with.
he gave us the human body, after that there came the sciences there of.
he gave us the earth and all things upon it that creep and craw. there again after that came the sciences of that creation.
not saying that God was a scientist or a magician.
I didn't mean to come across that way if I did.
if it weren't for the Lord Gods creations would be even have science to the degree that we do today? probably not.
I don't even know if this post helps get my point/thoughts across either. :banginghe

I think you explained yourself well.

Israel

BANNED
No, I think its me who is not being clear.
Science is knowledge.
It is not "how a thing works"...science (really, the scientific method) may seek to tell us that, but that's another discussion altogether. Science (really scientists) may explain it in certain terms we call "science"...so that we say "they are explaining it in scientific language". And here is where the confusion may lie.

But the creation itself is not subject to our most precise description of it. We create the language, and by those create explanations, and (in borrowing scientific terms) our minds get easily infected (per a design) in seeing things through that adopted scientific lens.

If we do not yet see how control of language affects control of thought...we yet may. And if we do not understand control of thought to be the battleground...in which each man takes his stand "in his earth" equipped either with only natural thoughts (infected, as it were by lesser things) or enlightened of Christ (to which the natural is always subject, as He, its author; and is only upheld by His word), well, we may yet still come to see.

One man hated his birthright and exchanged it for the lie. He hearkened to the voice of creature.
Another, did not.

Latest posts