Interesting Photo Of An Afternoon Meal...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
This is an interesting photo that was taken late last Saturday afternoon ONLY about 13 minutes before I pulled the card from this camera.

If you will zoom in on this photo, you will notice, even though this dove is being gripped tightly in the talons of this hawk, the dove is still alive in this photo and is actually looking around BUT it was much too late for a get-away at that point. When I arrived to change out the memory card, there were 10 times more dove feathers scattered all over the ground around this attack location than what you see in this photo. Of course, I didn't realize until I got home and uploaded the photos from this camera that this had really happened just a few minutes before I arrived.

Last edited:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good pic.

I witnessed one catch a mockingbird once that had been taunting the hawk in flight for quite some time. I was on a tractor bush hogging.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Great capture.
Couple years ago I was outside washing the truck and heard this big thunk on the roof of the house, I looked up and dove feather were everywhere, on the ground was the scene you have above.
The hawk must have grabbed the dove that was roosting on the roof and they "rolled" off the roof.

Anyway, sorry to hijack.
Great capture!

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Yea, game cams are great to tell you what is happening...sometimes only moments before you come in. I keep them on trails near my stand and can check the cards on my IPhone after I am up. I have seen some big deer hours before I arrive. Once only minutes...if I had only been in my stand. Almost better off not knowing...it was obvious he heard/saw me coming. I use video mode, so yea I know I got busted big time.

Great post, thanks for sharing