being saved.

Artfuldodger

God does not take it away I or you or whoever does as soon as they sin (James 1:14, 15)
(14).But every man is tempted, when he is draw away of his own lust, and enticed.
(15). Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

I understand the I or you taking salvation away. I don't understand how to regain it. You said "then one must do his first works again." I'm not sure I understand what that means.
My first works was "surrendering" all to Jesus. When I sin and lose my salvation, what must I do to regain it? What works must I do to regain my salvation?

ricksconnected

salvation is not gained by works. the bible is VERY clear on that.
if it were by works then it could not then be a gift then could it?
it would mean something you got on your own and not given to you by the Lord almighty.

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
CensoredCensored1 John‬ Censored5:4-5‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1jn.5.4-5.kjv

“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”
CensoredCensoredRevelation‬ Censored3:5‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/rev.3.5.kjv

When I got saved I over came the world through Christ Jesus. Therefore I have already overcame the world. Rev 3:5 that many people try and use to say God will blot your name out of the book of life is basing there belief off of one verse. Seeing that we have already overcame the world Rev 3:5 actually gives us assurance that he WILL NOT blot out our names because we have already overcame the world. God Bless you all and this my friends is shouting grounds.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I'm going to try to answer my best to answer your questions. If you need more info, just let me know.

First let me say that we would not know how to be saved without the scriptures so it always has to be a part of our understanding. But I know what you are asking!

Why be saved?
Everyone of us comes into this world separated from God. We start by having no hope in heaven. Why? Because of sin! Not sins, like the things you do wrong every day, but rather a nature of sin. It is who we are.

God cannot live with sin for he is holy and righteous so He cannot live and fellowship with us. So Jesus came to earth to die for our sin nature to rise again to be the first example of a completely new life that is made available to us. In short, the death and resurrection of Christ made possible a brand new life that includes a relationship with our creator God. The bible would call this being reconciled to God.

The Gospel is the good news of Christ's work that we can be redeemed to God. We must believe it (trust Christ), agree to turn from our sin and turn back to God. This is what the sinner's prayer is about. But it's not about the prayer, it's about have you repented and have you turned from your way to God's way? In other words, have you changed or are you changing?

When you are truly saved the Holy Spirit comes into your life. You see evidence of His working in you. For example, before salvation you don't really care about how you are living or about your sin. Afterward, it suddenly matters to you. This is the Holy Spirit working in your life to convict to change your direction and follow Him. This in itself is an assurance of salvation, that is, the Holy Spirit is working. If you don't want to pray, to learn of His word, and follow His precepts or listen to what He says, then that sinners' prayer doesn't mean much does it!

The idea of 'once saved always saved' is basically true if the Holy Spirit is working in your and changing your life as you go into what God wants for you. I say it this way, if that is not happening, were you really saved? It's not that sins don't still happen, but with repentance and turning away from it, God grows you up in Him. Sanctification is what the Bible calls this.

See, I did all of this without quoting scripture but really it's all in there. I hope I have helped and if I can clear up anything else, just let me know.

May God Bless!!!

As always, Great post.

I agree. Once saved:Always saved, but No evidence:Not saved.

j_seph

What if a Christian was saved but later switched from Trinitarian to Oneness? Would he still be covered under the "OSAS" rule?
Off Topic
How does Oneness explain Matthew 27:46

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?”
CensoredCensored1 John‬ Censored5:4-5‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1jn.5.4-5.kjv

“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”
CensoredCensoredRevelation‬ Censored3:5‬ CensoredKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/rev.3.5.kjv

When I got saved I over came the world through Christ Jesus. Therefore I have already overcame the world. Rev 3:5 that many people try and use to say God will blot your name out of the book of life is basing there belief off of one verse. Seeing that we have already overcame the world Rev 3:5 actually gives us assurance that he WILL NOT blot out our names because we have already overcame the world. God Bless you all and this my friends is shouting grounds.

Amen!

Artfuldodger

Off Topic
How does Oneness explain Matthew 27:46

Matthew 27:46
At about three o'clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?"

I'm not sure. I'm not a Oneness believer but I guess it's the same as it would be if Jesus was 1/3 of the equal Godhead.
Either way the Godhead had to leave Jesus in order for him to die even if for a moment.
I can see your point if 1/3rd can talk to the other 1/3 being easier than God himself incarnate talking to himself.

They believe God himself incarnate as Jesus instead of Jesus(pre-exisiting spirit) himself incarnate as a man(Jesus becoming a man).

Therefore under Oneness, God can't be all three at the same time. The process would still be the same though. The God part of Jesus would have to leave the man part of Jesus. Some Trinitarians believe Jesus gave up his deity when he came to earth and used God the Father's powers.

So in this way perhaps Oneness believers believe Jesus gave up this same deity even though they believe it is only a deity with one part.

Philippians 2:6-8
6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to cling to, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.

Interesting question. I did find this on how Oneness see Jesus praying to God the Father;

Oneness theology maintains that God is uni-personal in nature. This uni-personal God Himself became a man, and yet continued to exist beyond the incarnation as the transcendent and exclusive Spirit as He always had prior to the incarnation. The deity of the Son and the deity of the Father, then, are not two distinct divine persons in the Godhead as in Trinitarian theology, but the same person in two distinct modes1 of existence. God now exists as a genuine man in the incarnation (Son), and yet continues to exist as God beyond the incarnation (Father). The Father is deity alone, while the Son is that same personal deity in metaphysical union with human nature, and thus a real human being.

http://www.onenesspentecostal.com/jesusprayers3.htm